McComb in Hancock County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Johnís Evangelical Lutheran Church
This frame church, architecturally typical of the rural churches built throughout Ohio in the latter nineteenth century, was constructed in 1885 during the pastorate of E.L.T. Engers. The first pastors were from the German Reformed tradition and served a German-speaking congregation. The church contains native oak hand-hewn beams, rafters, and floor joists. The stained-glass windows were added in 1902
Erected 1985 by Historic Preservation Guild of Hancock County St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 12- 32.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 41° 6.383′ N, 83° 47.588′ W. Marker is in McComb, Ohio, in Hancock County. Marker is on West South Street, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 203 W South St, Mc Comb OH 45858, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. McComb First Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); McComb Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); World War I and II Veterans Memorial William Bensinger and John R. Porter (approx. half a mile away); The Village of McComb (approx. half a mile away); Indian Green / McKinnis-Litzenberg Farmstead (approx. 3.6 miles away); The Village of Van Buren (approx. 7.8 miles away); North Baltimore / Community Firsts (approx. 8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in McComb.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 124 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.