The Old Brick Reformed Church
The first building stood on Hendricksonís Hill in what is now Marlboro Village. In 1782 a church was built on this present location but taken down in 1826 to make room for the present edifice.
The Oldest Reformed Church in Monmouth County, it gave birth in 1825 to the Holmdel Reformed Church. In 1842 to the Reformed Congregation in the town of Freehold and in 1856 to the Reformed Church in Colts Neck.
Location. 40° 20.066′ N, 74° 14.42′ W. Marker is in Marlboro, New Jersey, in Monmouth County. Marker is on Newman Springs Road (CR 520). Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marlboro NJ 07746, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old St. Gabrielís Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Montrose School House (c. 1812) (approx. 2.6 miles away); Capt. Joshua Huddy (approx. 3.1 miles away); Colts Neck War Memorial (approx. 3.1 miles away); Pvt. Michael Field
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 144 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.