Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. John's Church
—— ·•· ——
Black Rock's German Evangelicals
first organized as a congregation
in 1847 and erected a church on
this site in 1852. It was replaced
in 1891 by the present structure.
Erected 2011 by Black Rock Heritage Trail.
Location. 42° 56.108′ N, 78° 53.981′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Amherst Street 0.1 miles east of East Street, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 85 Amherst Street, Buffalo NY 14207, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jacob Smith House and Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Market Square (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Black Rock Harbor (about 600 feet away); Black Rock (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Market Square (about 700 feet away); Burning of Blackrock and Buffalo (about 700 feet away); International Railroad Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); Buffalo and Niagara Falls Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo.
More about this marker.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 153 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.