Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Fort Adams

 
 
Fort Adams Marker image. Click for full size.
March 25, 2016
1. Fort Adams Marker
Inscription. Twenty mi. west, called Davion's Rock by French. Loftus Heights by British. U.S. Fort, 1798, named for John Adams. "Man Without a Country," Phillip Nolan was once stationed here.
 
Erected 1978 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
 
Location. 31° 6.24′ N, 91° 17.89′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is on Main Street (State Highway 24) west of Boston Row, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodville MS 39669, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wilkinson County War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Grant Still (about 300 feet away); Woodville (about 300 feet away); Woodville Blues (about 600 feet away); St. Paul's Church (about 700 feet away); The Woodville Republican (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carnot Posey Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Beth Israel Cemetery (approx. mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Woodville.
 
Categories. Forts, Castles
 
Fort Adams Marker image. Click for full size.
March 25, 2016
2. Fort Adams Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 128 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on . • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement