Fredericksburg in Gillespie County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Gillespie County Courthouse
Native limestone structure is distinctive in fine balance and symmetry. Second courthouse built in county; used until 1939.
Restoration and conversion to library - community hall is gift of Mr. and Mrs. Eugene McDermott.
Erected 1967 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10045.)
Location. 30° 16.523′ N, 98° 52.413′ W. Marker is in Fredericksburg, Texas, in Gillespie County. Marker can be reached from W. Main Street (U.S. 290) west of S. Adams Street (Highway 16), on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is mounted on the front wall of the Pioneer Memorial Library to the right of the main entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 W. Main St, Fredericksburg TX 78624, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gillespie County (within shouting distance of this marker); Gillespie County Armed Services Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Otfrid Hans Freiherr von Meusebach Market Square (Marktplatz) (about 400 feet away); County Jail of 1885 (about 400 feet away); Vereins Kirche (about 400 feet away); Gillespie County Country Schools 1846 to 1970's (about 500 feet away); The Meinhardt-Pfeil Home (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Fredericksburg.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 98 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.