Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ypsilanti in Washtenaw County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Last Hudson Dealership

100 East Cross Street

 
 
The Last Hudson Dealership Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel S., March 26, 2016
1. The Last Hudson Dealership Marker
Inscription.

The building, originally occupied by the Ypsilanti Electric Company in 1896, became a Dodge automobile dealership in 1917. Joseph H. Thompson was one of the first Dodge dealers in Michigan. In 1933 Hudson Sales and Services opened its doors, later becoming Miller Motor Sales. In 1997 Miller Motors teamed up with the Ypsilanti Historical Society and created the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Collection.

Miller Motor Sales was the last Hudson Car dealership in the world. The Hudson Car Company began in 1909 by J.L. Hudson of department store fame. The last car was produced in 1957 in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The Hudson remains a collector's favorite. Many remain on the road and in collections around the world.

Also...
In Michigan: In 1919 the first state Driver's License was required. In 1920 the first traffic light was installed.

American Events: In 1920 the 19th amendment to the US Constitution passed, awarding women the right to vote in national elections.

Donated by A.F. Smith Electric, Inc.
 
Erected 1998 by Depot Town Association.
 
Location. 42° 14.772′ N, 83° 36.596′ W. Marker is in Ypsilanti, Michigan, in Washtenaw County. Marker can be reached from
The Last Hudson Dealership Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel S., March 26, 2016
2. The Last Hudson Dealership Marker
East Cross Street 0.1 miles west of North River Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. This marker is along the sidewalk between 29 and 33 East Cross Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 29 East Cross Street, Ypsilanti MI 48198, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Michigan Central Freighthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hudsons & Friends (about 500 feet away); Ypsilanti (about 500 feet away); 220 N. Huron (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Ypsilanti (approx. 0.2 miles away); Facing the Fire (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. mile away); Ladies' Literary Club House (approx. mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Ypsilanti.
 
Also see . . .
1. Hudson Motor Car Company. (Submitted on May 3, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
2. Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum. (Submitted on May 3, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceRoads & Vehicles
 
The Last Hudson Dealership image. Click for full size.
By Joel S., March 26, 2016
3. The Last Hudson Dealership
The building is at 100 East Cross Street.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 119 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page was last revised on October 6, 2016.
Paid Advertisement