Near Heidlersburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Studebaker Wagon Shop
-On this site in 1830-
John Clement Studebaker built his first wagon shop. The Studebaker family left this location in 1835, to go west eventually settling in South Bend, Indiana. In 1852 his sons founded the wagon manufacturing company that later became the Studebaker Corporation, world renowned builder of automobiles and trucks. Dedicated to the American ideas of hard work and free enterprise by: Keystone Region Chapter, Inc.
Erected 1980 by The Studebaker Drivers Club Inc.
Location. 39° 55.146′ N, 77° 8.036′ W. Marker is near Heidlersburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is on Studebaker Lane ¾ mile west of Oxford Road, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Studebaker (approx. 2 miles away but has been reported missing); Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 2.5 miles away); Great Conewago Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.6 miles away); Civil War Soldiers in the Great Conewago Cemetery Revolutionary Soldiers in Great Conewago Cemetery (approx. 2.7 miles away); Army of the Potomac (approx. 2.9 miles away); Rock Chapel (approx. 2.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Heidlersburg.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.