“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Darlington in Harford County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)

Keziah's Diary

Keziah's Diary Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Pfingsten, May 7, 2016
1. Keziah's Diary Marker
This Property
Has Been Placed On The
National Register
Of Historic Places

By The United States
Department Of The Interior

Location. 39° 38.039′ N, 76° 11.69′ W. Marker is in Darlington, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker is on Stafford Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1418 Stafford Road, Darlington MD 21034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Conowingo (approx. 1.7 miles away); Lafayette at Colonel Rigbie’s House (approx. 1.8 miles away but has been reported missing); Deer Creek Harmony Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.9 miles away); Berkley Crossroads (approx. 2 miles away); The Proprietors of the Susquehanna Canal (approx. 2.5 miles away); Prospect School (approx. 2.5 miles away); A Susquehannock Indian Fort (approx. 2.7 miles away); Rock Run (approx. 3.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Darlington.
Additional comments.
1. Keziah's Diary - Description from Maryland House & Garden Pilgrimage
Keziah’s Diary, 1448 Stafford Road, Darlington, Maryland 21034. Built c. 1810, the historic stone house known as Keziah’s Diary
Keziah's Diary image. Click for full size.
By Bill Pfingsten, May 7, 2016
2. Keziah's Diary
was originally owned by William Stump and deeded to his daughter Keziah and her husband Richard Jackson in 1831. Mr. Jackson was a businessman in Darlington and an active community leader of his day. The house eventually came in to possession of George Robinson who owned the old Robinson Mill just north of Darlington. After falling into tremendous disrepair, Keziah’s Diary has undergone a complete restoration/renovation. The home includes original slave quarters, accessible from a narrow stairwell from the current kitchen. Note the custom tin panels on the kitchen cabinets, reproduced using the original 19th century pie safe designs. The incorporated smokehouse with original creosote covered walls and meat drying hooks still remain. Wide plank floorboards and period wall stenciling are present throughout. The dining rooms beamed ceiling and stone fireplace boast a warming oven in the kitchen. A Colonial style circular brick garden and patio have been created using antique bricks salvaged from early buildings. Keziah’s Diary is furnished with regional rural antiques and period accessories.
    — Submitted May 7, 2016.

Categories. Notable Buildings
Keziah's Diary image. Click for full size.
By Bill Pfingsten, May 7, 2016
3. Keziah's Diary
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 141 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement