Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Camp Hill in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Maurice K. Goddard

1912-1995

 
 
Maurice K. Goddard Marker image. Click for full size.
By Larry Gertner, May 3, 2016
1. Maurice K. Goddard Marker
The marker style is the same as used by the Pennsylvania Historical Maker Commission.
Inscription. A Former Camp Hill resident, “Doc” Goddard served five governors in an unprecedented career from 1955-1979 as Secretary of Forests and Waters and the Department of Environmental Resources. Goddard expanded the state park system, promoted science-based environmental and natural resource management, and led efforts to professionalize state government.
 
Erected 2011 by Pennsylvania Parks and Forest Foundation/Department of Conservation & Natural Resources.
 
Location. 40° 14.433′ N, 76° 55.533′ W. Marker is in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and N 25th St, on the right when traveling west on Market Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Camp Hill PA 17011, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cumberland Riflemen (a few steps from this marker); White Hall School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Skirmish of Oyster’s Point (about 300 feet away); Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 0.4 miles away); Robert Whitehill (1735 - 1813) (approx. half
Willow Park, Camp Hill image. Click for full size.
By Larry Gertner, May 3, 2016
2. Willow Park, Camp Hill
Goddard marker is on the left side of the park; PHMC "Cumberland Riflemen" in on the right.
a mile away); Camp Hill (approx. 0.8 miles away); Lemoyne (approx. 0.9 miles away); Samuel Albright House (approx. one mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Camp Hill.
 
Categories. Environment
 
Rededication marker image. Click for full size.
By Larry Gertner, May 3, 2016
3. Rededication marker
Celebrating the 2011 renovation of this Bicentennial Plaza area at Willow Park.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 109 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement