Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Grammer-Pierce House

 
 
Grammer-Pierce House Texas Historical Marker Marker image. Click for full size.
By QuesterMark, May 8, 2016
1. Grammer-Pierce House Texas Historical Marker Marker
Inscription. This California style Craftsman bungalow was built in 1915 by A.H. Richter and his wife, Violet (Murdock) Richter, in what is now the Fairmount Historic District. It was purchased in 1917 by Mrs. N.E. Grammer, widow of Nathaniel Grammer. Nathaniel was a prominent Fort Worth businessman, owning the largest and oldest drug store in the city. Mrs. Grammer sold the house in 1940. In 1948, Alice (Lewis) Pierce, who was part Choctaw Indian, purchased the house after she and her husband, Mark, moved to Fort Worth to reestablish themselves following the Stock Market Crash of 1929, they sold the house in 1970.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2015
Marker is Property of the State of Texas

 
Erected 2015 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 18100.)
 
Location. 32° 43.172′ N, 97° 20.108′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is on College Avenue south of Lilac Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2232 College Ave, Fort Worth TX 76110, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Worth Zoological Park (approx. 1.3 miles away); Mt. Zion Baptist Church
Grammer-Pierce House with Marker image. Click for full size.
By QuesterMark, May 8, 2016
2. Grammer-Pierce House with Marker
(approx. 1.3 miles away); Westbrook Estate (approx. 1.4 miles away); Fort Worth Main Post Office Building (approx. 1.9 miles away); Eddleman-McFarland House (approx. 2 miles away); Hell's Half Acre (approx. 2 miles away); St. Ignatius Academy Building (approx. 2 miles away); Raymond C. Morrison (approx. 2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Worth.
 
More about this marker. The dedication ceremony for this marker was held May 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 177 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement