“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)

The Woodville Republican

The Woodville Republican Marker image. Click for full size.
March 25, 2016
1. The Woodville Republican Marker
Inscription. The Republican, established in 1823 by William A.A. Chisolm, is the oldest newspaper and business institution in continuous operation in Mississippi. Operated by Lewis family for over 100 years.
Erected 1975 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Location. 31° 6.056′ N, 91° 17.912′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is on Depot Street south of Second Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 425 Depot St, Woodville MS 39669, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carnot Posey Home (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Paul's Church (about 700 feet away); Woodville Blues (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Grant Still (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wilkinson County War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Adams (approx. 0.2 miles away); Woodville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Beth Israel Cemetery (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Woodville.
Also see . . .  The Woodville Republican - Mississippi's Oldest Newspaper. Wikipedia (Submitted on May 11, 2016.) 
Categories. Arts, Letters, MusicCommunicationsIndustry & Commerce
The Woodville Republican Marker image. Click for full size.
March 25, 2016
2. The Woodville Republican Marker
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 91 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement