Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sabinal in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Sabinal Methodist Church

 
 
Sabinal Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By William F Haenn, March 8, 2016
1. Sabinal Methodist Church Marker
Inscription. This church began in 1876 as part of the Sabinal circuit assigned to the Rev. Henry T. Hill. Circuit ministers served the fellowship until 1900, when it became an organized congregation. Services were held in the Christian and Baptist church buildings until the present structure was completed in 1907. For a time pastors at Sabinal Methodist Church also served new rural congregations in Trio and Knippa. As the membership grew and church programs expanded to meet the needs of the community, additions were made to the church facility.
 
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4427.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the San Antonio-El Paso Road marker series.
 
Location. 29° 19.052′ N, 99° 28.079′ W. Marker is in Sabinal, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is at the intersection of Fisher Avenue West (U.S. 90) and South San Antonio Street, on the right when traveling west on Fisher Avenue West. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Fisher Ave W, Sabinal TX 78881, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sabinal (approx. half a mile away); Site of Camp Sabinal
Sabinal Methodist Church image. Click for full size.
By William F Haenn, March 8, 2016
2. Sabinal Methodist Church
(approx. 0.9 miles away); Town of Knippa (approx. 10.4 miles away); J.M. Koch's Hotel (approx. 11.4 miles away); Captain John Coffee Hays (approx. 13.7 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Sabinal United Methodist Church. (Submitted on May 24, 2016.)
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 119 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement