Norrisville in Harford County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Crown Stone Mile 40
stone 40, carved in
Portland, England, and set by
Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon
in 1766, is located
four feet east of this stone.
This replica stone was set by
Mason Dixon Line
Location. 39° 43.271′ N, 76° 32.585′ W. Marker is in Norrisville, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker is on Maryland Route 23. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: White Hall MD 21161, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mason and Dixon Line (approx. 6.1 miles away); Mason and Dixon Mile Stone (approx. 6.1 miles away); Black Horse Tavern (approx. 6.7 miles away); Spurgeon Milton Keeny (approx. 7.9 miles away in Pennsylvania); Amanda Berry Smith (1837-1915) (approx. 7.9 miles away in Pennsylvania); Harford County Sheriff's Office (approx. 8.9 miles away); King and Queen Seat (approx. 9.1 miles away); Ladew Topiary Gardens (approx. 9.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Dedication of Crown Stone 40 - The Baltimore Sun. (Submitted on May 22, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Crown stones were set every 5 miles and contained the Maryland and Pennsylvania crest on the south and north side respectively.
— Submitted May 22, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 155 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.