Fenton in Genesee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1971 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number L164.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 47.922′ N, 83° 42.288′ W. Marker is in Fenton, Michigan, in Genesee County. Marker is at the intersection of North Leroy Street and Main Street, on the right when traveling north on North Leroy Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 North Leroy Street, Fenton MI 48430, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fenton United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1840 Grindstone from Fenton Mills (approx. 0.3 1834 Clark Dibble Settlement (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1889 A.J. Phillips Work Office (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1837-Riggs Hotel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dibbleville Business District II (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1838 Judge Daniel LeRoy's Law Office (approx. 0.4 miles away); Saint Jude's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fenton.
Regarding Fenton House. The marker is titled "Fenton House", but this building is now the Fenton Hotel. Fenton House is now the name of a restaurant about 1/2 mile south on South Leroy Street.
Also see . . . Fenton Hotel. A history of the Fenton Hotel on the hotel's website. (Submitted on May 22, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.