Organized in 1880. A school was built 9 mil. NW of Marquette. In 1906 a new school was built and closed in 1948. Range was donated by John Hughes and then moved to Marquette. Plaque by Etta Hockstrasser Memorial in memory of Hughes' who attended Range.
Erected by the Etta Hockstrasser Memorial.
Location. 38° 33.278′ N, 97° 50.015′ W. Marker is in Marquette, Kansas, in McPherson County. Marker is on Washington Street north of 3rd Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker and school are part of the Marquette Museum complex. Marker is at or near this postal address: 202 North Washington Street, Marquette KS 67464, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Opera Block (about 400 feet away); G.A.R. Post No. 308 Memorial (about 500 feet away); World War II Memorial (about 600 feet away); Hans Hanson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Mill Stone Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Methodist Mare" (approx. 8.6 miles away); Home and Studio of Anton Pearson (approx. 8.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Marquette.
Also see . . .
Categories. • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 100 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 19, 2016.