Near Coffee Springs in Coffee County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Holloway Tabernacle Church
In 1915 this congregation joined with the Alabama District of The Assemblies of God. First pastors were: Rev. Elijah Spence and Rev. Wayne Tomlin.
First deacons were: G.W. Grimes, Jim Holloway, A.D. Grimes and Dan Stinson.
Charter members were: Joe and Mary T. Holloway, George and Anna Grimes, Dan and Georgan Stinson, John W. Holloway, Dewey P. Holloway, Jim Holloway, Andrew and Mary Bell Grimes, Melinda J. Kennedy, Francis Anderson, Oscar and Mattie Weeks, Ellen Wooten and Alice Grimes.
Erected 1978 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 31° 14.6′ N, 85° 57.842′ W. Marker is near Coffee Springs, Alabama, in Coffee County. Marker is at the intersection of County Route 639 and County Route 640, on the right when traveling west on County Route 639. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coffee Springs AL 36318, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Pleasant Misionary Baptist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Battle Branch (approx. 4.8 miles away); Wellborn (approx. 5.9 miles away); Enterprise Academy (approx. 7.7 miles away); Enterprise Depot (approx. 8.1 miles away); Rawls Hotel (approx. 8.1 miles away); Boll Weevil Monument (approx. 8.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. This page has been viewed 203 times since then and 23 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 22, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?