Owensville in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Owensville Village Hall
First known as Boston, the village was settled in 1832. It was renamed Owensville by William Owens the first postmaster. The village was laid out in 1836 by James McKinnie and incorporated in 1867 and consisted of 77 acres.
Erected 2003 by Clermont County Bicentennial Commission.
Location. 39° 7.357′ N, 84° 8.189′ W. Marker is in Owensville, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 50) and South Broadway Street (Ohio Route 132/276), on the right when traveling east on West Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 W Main St, Owensville OH 45160, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clermont County Bicentennial Marker Stonelick Covered Bridge (approx. 2.8 miles away); Williamsburg Veterans Memorial The Town Square (approx. 6.3 miles away); Stepping Stone (approx. 6.6 miles away); Harmony Hill 1800 (approx. 6.6 miles away); Dairy House at Harmony Hill (approx. 6.6 miles away); Last Indian Battle (approx. 6.7 miles away but has been reported missing); Grassy Run Battlefield (approx. 7 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 179 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on July 5, 2016.