New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Trinity Church Episcopal
This building erected 1852-54
George Purves, Architect-Builder
In 1867 the chancel was extended 32 feet.
The entrance tower was added in 1873
Charles L. Hillger, Architect
Peter R. Middlemiss, Builder.
The parish house in the rear
was built in 1909
Samuel Stanhope Labouisse, Architect.
This plaque was given in memory of F. Monroe Labouisse, Jr. (1939-1986) by the Louisiana Landmarks Society
Erected 1987 by Orleans Parish Landmarks Commission.
Location. 29° 55.908′ N, 90° 4.709′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Jackson Avenue near Coliseum Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1329 Jackson Avenue, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Goldsmith-Godchaux House (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Manse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brevard-Rice House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bradish Johnson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Adams – Jones House (approx. ¼ mile away); Jefferson Davis Edward A. Davis House (approx. ¼ mile away); Gilmour – Parker House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in New Orleans.
Also see . . . Trinty Church website. (Submitted on July 25, 2016, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 90 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on . • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on March 18, 2017.