Lander in Fremont County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Borner's Garden Schoolhouse
The school opened with 20 students ranging from first to eighth grade and served the community as a center of education until 1948. Several alumni of this country school still reside in the Lander area.
Erected by Museum of the American West.
Location. 42° 50.449′ N, 108° 44.829′ W. Marker is in Lander, Wyoming, in Fremont County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (U.S. 287) near Clinched Street, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1445 Main Street, Lander WY 82520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Fort Augur (approx. 0.8 miles away); Noble Lane Building (approx. 0.9 miles away); M.N Baldwin Co. (approx. one mile away); Noble Hotel (approx. one mile away); Fremont Hotel (approx. Bossert Building (approx. one mile away); Lander Hotel (approx. one mile away); Main Street (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lander.
More about this marker. The schoolhouse is on the grounds of the Museum of the American West.
Additional keywords. One-room schoolhouse
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 113 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on July 18, 2016.