On November 10, 1828 the packet boat "James Hillhouse" was launched here on its first voyage to New Haven from port of Farmington.
The gray building adjoining this site was known as the Phoenix Hotel.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 41° 43.333′ N, 72° 50.033′ W. Marker was in Farmington, Connecticut, in Hartford County. Marker was on Garden Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 128 Garden Street, Farmington CT 06032, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Farmington (approx. 0.2 miles away); Farmington and the Freedom Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); "American Board" (approx. ¼ mile away); American Board of Commissioners For Foreign Missions (approx. ¼ mile away); Rochambeau Route 1781-82 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lest We Forget (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Legend of Will Warren’s Den (approx. 1.6 miles away but has been reported missing); Lt. Vincent H. Core Memorial Site (approx. 2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Farmington.
Also see . . .
1. The Farmington Canal
2. New England's Grand Ambition: The Farmington Canal. (Submitted on December 21, 2015, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut.)
3. Auto tour of the Farmington Canal in Farmington, CT. (Submitted on December 29, 2015, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 271 times since then and 106 times this year. Last updated on , by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on July 22, 2016.