Fort Washakie in Fremont County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
A Refuge for Women and Children in Times of Danger.
Erected 1953 by Historical Landmark Commission of Wyoming.
Location. 42° 59.112′ N, 108° 53.262′ W. Marker is in Fort Washakie, Wyoming, in Fremont County. Marker can be reached from Old Wind River Highway near Trout Creek Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 257 Old Wind River Highway, Fort Washakie WY 82514, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sacajawea (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Shoshone-Episcopal Mission Boarding School (approx. 1.2 miles away); Washakie (approx. 1.3 miles away); Fort Washakie World War II Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.4 miles away); a different marker also named Sacajawea (approx. 1.4 miles away); Mrs. Maggie Richards and Mrs. Hall (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Right Rev. George Maxwell Randall, D.D. (approx. 1.5 miles away); Sacajawea Cemetery (approx. 1.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Washakie.
More about this marker. The Block House is located at the end of an unpaved, unnamed side road just south of the Shoshone Roads
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 121 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on July 26, 2016.