Kaufman in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Kaufman
Second church was a classic brick structure, razed by fire on Dec. 18, 1937. The present building was dedicated March 24, 1944.
From the original nine, the congregation has grown to such size as to use a staff of four, including a bilingual pastor for its Latin-American mission.
Erected 1973 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8507.)
Location. 32° 35.252′ N, 96° 18.55′ W. Marker is in Kaufman, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is at the intersection of South Washington Street (State Highway 34) and West Chestnut Street, on the right when traveling south on South Washington Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 South Washington Street, Kaufman TX 75142, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Church of Our Merciful Saviour (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Greenslade Drug Store Kaufman County Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 600 feet away); Mrs. William P. King (about 700 feet away); Kaufman County (about 800 feet away); Colonel Isham Chisum (about 800 feet away); Covenant United Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Kaufman.
Also see . . . First Baptist Church of Kaufman. (Submitted on July 28, 2016.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 107 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on July 28, 2016.