Mackinac Island in Mackinac County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected by Michigan Historical Commission and Mackinac Island State Park Commission. (Marker Number 187.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 45° 52.646′ N, 84° 38.705′ W. Marker is in Mackinac Island, Michigan, in Mackinac County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Shore Drive (Michigan Route 185) and British Landing Road, on the left when traveling north on Lake Shore Drive. Click for map. The marker is on the west shore close to the north end of the island. Marker is in this post office area: Mackinac Island MI 49757, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Skull Cave (approx. 1.9 miles away); Fort Holmes (approx. 1.9 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Holmes (approx. 1.9 miles away); Historic Fort Mackinac (approx. 2.2 miles away); American Fur Company Store (approx. 2.3 miles away); Sainte Anne Church (approx. 2.5 miles away); Round Island Lighthouse (approx. 2.5 miles away); Mission Church (approx. 2.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Mackinac Island.
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 145 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page was last revised on August 2, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Distant view of the marker. • Can you help?