Texarkana in Miller County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
United States Post Oﬃce and Courthouse
Each state had separate post offices until 1892, when first joint office was built on this site. It was razed in 1930, and in 1933 the present structure was completed. The base is of Texas pink granite while walls are of limestone from Arkansas.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9512.)
Location. 33° 25.512′ N, 94° 2.59′ W. Marker is in Texarkana, Texas, in Miller County. Marker is at the intersection of East 5th Street and East 5th Street, on the left when traveling east on East 5th Street. Click for map. Located on the south wall of the Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 North State Line Avenue, Texarkana TX 75504, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Texarkana (approx. 0.3 miles away); Central Christian Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Scott Joplin James Bowie (approx. 0.3 miles away); Confederate Records Stored at Rondo (approx. 4.6 miles away in Arkansas).
Also see . . . Wikipedia article about Courthouse & Post Office. (Submitted on August 7, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Architecture • Landmarks • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 168 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page was last revised on August 7, 2016.