Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Corydon in Harrison County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Presbyterian Church

 
 
Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Ginger Drenning, July 16, 2008
1. Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. Organized under Louisville Presbytery, Synod of Kentucky, January 1819 by Rev. John Finley Crowe who later founded Hanover College. Early Church services were held in homes and in State Capitol prior to building first church 1826. Original church stood on South Capitol Ave. where present E. U. B. Church stands. This original church used as a Confederate Hospital following the Battle of Corydon, July 9, 1863. Congregation moved to new location and present church erected 1906. Oldest continuous church organization in Corydon.
 
Erected 1965 by In Memory of Judge and Mrs Clyde R. Lottick. (Marker Number 31.1965.4.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
 
Location. 38° 12.739′ N, 86° 7.523′ W. Marker is in Corydon, Indiana, in Harrison County. Marker is at the intersection of East Walnut Street and North Elm Street, on the right when traveling west on East Walnut Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Corydon IN 47112, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Governor's Headquarters (a few steps from this marker); The Liar's Bench (within shouting
Presbyterian Church image. Click for full size.
By Ginger Drenning, July 16, 2008
2. Presbyterian Church
distance of this marker); John Shields (within shouting distance of this marker); Corydon Convention Of Freemasons (within shouting distance of this marker); World War I (within shouting distance of this marker); In Honor Of The Men from Harrison County (within shouting distance of this marker); Harrison County (within shouting distance of this marker); Dedicated In Everlasting Tribute (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Corydon.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.War, US Civil
 
Presbyterian Church - - - Front View image. Click for full size.
By Ginger Drenning, July 16, 2008
3. Presbyterian Church - - - Front View
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,118 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement