Newark in Licking County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
“Double Arrow” Wrought Iron Fence
This "Double Arrow" Wrought Iron Fence was installed around the home of Judge Jerome Buckingham at 70 North Third Street in about 1835.
It was generously given by Dennis Crowley, a retired Newark fireman, to J. Gilbert Reese and James W. Pyle to enhance their new offices in 1992.
Location. 40° 3.555′ N, 82° 24.071′ W. Marker is in Newark, Ohio, in Licking County. Marker is at the intersection of North Second Street and East Church Street, on the right when traveling north on North Second Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 36 North Second Street, Newark OH 43058, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial Building (a few steps from this marker); McCune-Stimson House (a few steps from this marker); The Donald D. Hill County Administration Building (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Congressional Medal of Honor Recipients (about 600 feet away); The John W. Alford Building (about 700 feet away); Early Transportation in Newark (approx. 0.2 miles away); The History of Licking Memorial Hospital (approx. 0.3 miles away); Veteran's Park (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 88 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page was last revised on August 30, 2016.