Braddock's Military Road 1755 Monacatootha's Camp
This tablet was erected to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the birth of George Washington by the school children of Sewickley Township November 23, 1932.
Erected 1932 by School Children of Sewickley Township.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Braddock’s Road and Maj. Gen. Edward Braddock marker series.
Location. 40° 17.249′ N, 79° 42.657′ W. Marker is in Irwin, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County. Marker is on Reservoir Rd 0.8 miles west of Clay Pike, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. When heading south on Clay Pike from Irwin, make a left onto street called General Braddock Road also known as Howell Lane. Howell Lane turns into Reservior Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 348 Reservoir Rd,, Irwin PA 15642, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Walthour (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Beginning of the Lincoln Highway (approx. 2.8 miles away); John Irwin House (approx. 2.8 miles away); Braddock's Military Road 1755 "Three Springs" Camp (approx. 3.1 miles away); Arthur J. Rooney (approx. 4.7 miles away); Bushy Run (approx. 5.1 miles away); West Newton (approx. 6.1 miles away); Fort Allen (approx. 6.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Irwin.
More about this marker. The marker is on private property but can easily be seen from the road. The homeowner set out small stone pavers to allow visitors to walk up to the marker.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Military • Native Americans • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Capets of Irwin, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 525 times since then and 57 times this year. Last updated on , by Jay Stern of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. Photo 1. submitted on , by Andrew Capets of Irwin, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on September 2, 2016.