“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Reaville in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)

Reaville Historic District

Reaville Historic District Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, February 25, 2009
1. Reaville Historic District Marker
Inscription. Formerly "Greenville" named after Runkell Rea. He built a general store in 1834. Became first postmaster in 1850. This was a stop on the stage line to York, Pa. The first English Presbyterian Church was moved to this site in 1837. Village prospered until railroad came to Flemington.
Erected 2002 by Raritan Township Historians Committee.
Location. 40° 28.839′ N, 74° 49.235′ W. Marker is in Reaville, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Barley Sheaf Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Flemington NJ 08822, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Reaville Church (approx. mile away); Old York Road (approx. 1.2 miles away); Poor Farm (approx. 1.5 miles away); Amwell Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Vietnam War Dogs Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); Adam Bellis Homestead (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Province Line (approx. 2.1 miles away); Mattisons Corner (approx. 2.1 miles away).
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 669 times since then and 83 times this year. Last updated on , by Russell Galen of Lambertville, New Jersey. Photo   1. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on September 7, 2016.
Paid Advertisement