Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
William Bartram Visited Augusta, 1773.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 121-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the William Bartram Trails marker series.
Location. 33° 28.321′ N, 81° 58.091′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker can be reached from E. Ford Street near Telfair Street. Click for map. Marker is near the Judicial Center in a plaza bounded by Telfair, West Ford, Walker, and East Ford Streets. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Church Of The Most Holy Trinity (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Samuel Hammond The First Baptist Church (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church Convention (about 700 feet away); Georgia R.R. & Banking Co. (about 700 feet away); The Veterans of 1898-1902 (about 700 feet away); 4th Infantry (Ivy) Division (about 800 feet away); Two Early Augusta Churches (about 800 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Augusta.
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia entry for William Bartram. Bartram, in 1773, embarked upon a four-year journey through eight southern colonies. (Submitted on August 1, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
2. Other William Bartram visits. This link lists other William Bartram related markers published in the Historical Marker database. (Submitted on August 1, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Horticulture & Forestry • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,166 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.