Near Mingus in Palo Pinto County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Joseph Peter Davidson
(1823 - 1897)
Erected 1978 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6267.)
Location. 32° 32.462′ N, 98° 27.085′ W. Marker is near Mingus, Texas, in Palo Pinto County. Marker can be reached from Davidson Cemetery Road 2.4 miles west of Texas Highway 108, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mingus TX 76463, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Thurber Junction and the T&P Railroad Presence (approx. 1.7 miles away); Mingus Baptist Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Site of Snake Saloon Mount Marion Cemetery (approx. 2.7 miles away); Mary Jane Gentry (approx. 2.7 miles away); Strawn City Hall (approx. 2.8 miles away); Bethel Strawn, C.S.A. (approx. 2.8 miles away); Strawn (approx. 2.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Mingus.
More about this marker. On the bottom border of the marker is etched “Sponsored by Floreine D. Palmer”.
Also see . . . Joseph Peter Davidson - findagrave.com. (Submitted on September 14, 2016.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 80 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on September 14, 2016.