Worland in Washakie County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
C.H. “Dad” Worland
and in Memory of
C.H. "Dad" Worland
for whom the town was named. He erected the stage station on the old Bridger Trail about 100 yards north of here.
That spot was the original town site established in 1904. The town moved across the river in 1906.
Erected 1954 by The Historical Landmark Commission of Wyoming.
Location. 44° 0.792′ N, 107° 58.734′ W. Marker is in Worland, Wyoming, in Washakie County. Marker is on West River Road (U.S. 20) near Shiloh Road, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1237 West Big Horn Avenue, Worland WY 82401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Worland Sugar Factory (here, next to this marker); Worland: Original Town Site (a few steps from this marker); Pioneer Square (approx. 1.1 miles away); Trail of the Whispering Giants (approx. 1.2 miles away); Welcome to Worland, Wyoming (approx. 1.2 miles away); Jim Bridger Historic Trail (approx. 2.5 miles away); Colby Mammoth Kill Site (approx. 5.6 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 73 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on October 3, 2016.