Petoskey in Emmet County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
World War Memorial
Paul L. Bathke Barney Max
John Serell Benjamin Walter E. McPhail
Ray C. Bonter Jonas E. Misinine
George Wallace Budlong Clayton Murray
William H. Campbell Harry A. Parrish
Carl Charles Carlton Loraine M. Pope
Henry Robert Herriman Harry Andrew Potts
Paul Howland Hogle Herman Raumer
Dewey Holmes Burr Schmalzried
Stanley Hoover Gerald H. Scott
James Gale Inglis Chester Atkins Smith
Alexander Kagebitang Leo M. Smith
Wesley N. Keller Zygmont Smyezek
Irvin Earl Kurbursky George Stanley Sweeney
Edward Leo Marion Dewey Thompson
Alva J. Ludlow Carl O. Weaver
Frank Lumpp Paul Melvin Wingate
Marion C. Wyland
The elm trees in this park
were planted in grateful memory
of the young men of Emmet County
who gave their lives
in their country's service
The gift of
the Federation of Women's Clubs
May 30, 1923
Erected 1923 by the Federation of Women's Clubs.
Location. 45° 22.465′ Click for map. Memorial is in Pennsylvania Park, between Mitchell and Lake Streets. Marker is in this post office area: Petoskey MI 49770, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Heath Michael Robinson (here, next to this marker); Vietnam Memorial (here, next to this marker); World War II and Korea Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Michael B. Lindemuth (a few steps from this marker); Desert Shield / Desert Storm Memorial (a few steps from this marker); USS Hartford Dahlgren Gun (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named USS Hartford Dahlgren Gun (within shouting distance of this marker); Meyer Hardware (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Petoskey.
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, World I •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 120 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on September 18, 2016.