New Brighton in Beaver County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Wayman Chapel A.M.E. Church
First church of denomination between Pittsburgh and Cleveland
Original building built on 3rd Ave. Used until 1878. Chartered in 1880. Current church building erected in 1894.
Erected 2016 by Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation.
Location. 40° 43.969′ N, 80° 18.558′ W. Marker is in New Brighton, Pennsylvania, in Beaver County. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1120 6th Avenue, New Brighton PA 15066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Merrick Art Gallery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Christ Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away); White Cottage (about 700 feet away); Childhood Home of Edward Dempster Merrick (approx. ¼ mile away); Townsend Company (approx. 0.4 miles away); Pennsylvania Canal System (approx. 0.4 miles away); Robert Townsend House (approx. half a mile away); Grove Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in New Brighton.
Also see . . . Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation. (Submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 160 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on September 21, 2016.