Dupont Circle in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The National Presbyterian Church
stood the edifice which housed
and its predecessors
The Church of the Covenant
First Presbyterian Church
Location. 38° 54.411′ N, 77° 2.489′ W. Marker is in Dupont Circle, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker can be reached from 18th Street, NW. Click for map. The marker is on the southwestern corner of The World Bank Treasury Building, on a column facing away from 18th St., NW. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1229 18th Street, NW, Washington DC 20036, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Witherspoon (a few steps from this marker); Theodore Roosevelt (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Henry Martyn Robert (about 400 feet away); The Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle (about 500 feet away); General Federation of Women’s Clubs (about 500 feet away); Nuns of the Battlefield (about 500 feet away); The mansion at 1801 Massachusetts Ave. (about 800 feet away); Andrew Mellon Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dupont Circle.
Also see . . . Historic American Buildings Survey Record for the Church of the Covenant (Submitted on September 23, 2016.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 118 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 3, 4. submitted on . This page was last revised on January 27, 2017.