Lusk in Niobrara County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Redwood Water Tank
The original site was several hundred feet to the west of the present location. The water was furnished from a well by a windmill. Later it came from a hand dug well by hand and steam power. The tank is one of the six left standing in the US.
The historic society has been working to preserve the tank since 1971. We had assistance from (the) Chicago Northwestern Railroad, the Town of Lusk, and numerous other contributions.
Erected by Niobrara County Historic Society and Fancy Farmers Garden Club.
Location. 42° 45.744′ N, 104° 26.58′ W. Marker is in Lusk, Wyoming, in Niobrara County. Marker is on East 3rd Street (U.S. 20) near 3rd Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lusk WY 82225, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Redwood Water Tank (a few steps from this marker); Oldest Building in Lusk Breaks in the Prairie (approx. 2.2 miles away); Lusk Rest Area (approx. 2.2 miles away); Cheyenne-Deadwood Trail (approx. 2.3 miles away); George Lathrop (approx. 2.3 miles away); Monuments to Wyoming History (approx. 3 miles away); Texas Trail - 1866 - 1897 (approx. 3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lusk.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 101 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on September 29, 2016.