Empire Methodist Church
The "Empire Methodist Church" - built in 1895. The Empire Area Methodists gathered here for services, Sunday school, weddings and funerals till their new church was built in 1963. It is now the Masonic Temple. (Marker Number 16.)
Location. 44° 48.655′ N, 86° 3.592′ W. Marker is in Empire, Michigan, in Leelanau County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street and Union Street, on the left when traveling west on Front Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10069 Front Street, Empire MI 49630, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pierce Stocking (approx. 4.4 miles away); Sand and Ice (approx. 5 miles away); The Moving Dune (approx. 5.1 miles away); Honor Area WWII Honor Roll (approx. 10.4 miles away); North Unity (approx. 12 miles away); Oil House (approx. 12.6 miles away); Fog Signal Building (approx. 12.6 miles away); Gravestone at Point Betsie (approx. 12.7 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Empire Lodge No. 597. (Submitted on October 1, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Empire United Methodist Church. (Submitted on October 1, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 159 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on October 1, 2016.