Jonathan Ellicott Building
Built by Jonathan Ellicott, John Day used this building as a store and a home in the 1850s. Dr. Thomas B. Owings moved here after death of his wife and six of his children in the 1868 flood. More recently this building has housed many dentists, including Drs. J. E. Shreve, Louis Brown, George Hansen, William Bishop and Robert Boman.
Erected by Historic Ellicott City, Inc.
Location. 39° 16.111′ N, 76° 48.018′ W. Marker is in Ellicott City, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is on Main Street west of Court Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8370 Main Street, Ellicott City MD 21043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ellicott City Volunteer Fire Department (here, next to this marker); New Fire Station & Transit Terminal (a few steps from this marker); The National Road (within shouting distance of this marker); MaryLandscapes (within shouting distance of this marker); Ellicott’s Mills (within shouting distance of this marker); Baltimore Regional Trail
Also see . . . Historic Ellicott City, Inc. (Submitted on October 6, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 72 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on October 6, 2016.