Dearborn in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Henry Ford's Brother, William Ford, had this house built...
in 1909 for his Daughter and her family.
Three layers of bricks, from the local Clippert Brick Yard, comprise the structure. The garage in the rear of the lot (formerly known as the barn), housed small livestock and chickens (the sounds of which can still be heard if you listen and imagine carefully).
Until 2011, this was the residence of the Carmen and Rose Gemus.
The vehicle in the driveway is a 1926 Model T Ford, that put the USA, the world and Dearborn, Michigan on wheels and brought Henry Ford himself here for many visits with his Niece and her family.
Thanks for stopping by and feel free to take a photo of you and the 1926 Ford Model T.
Location. 42° 18.356′ N, 83° 15.046′ W. Marker is in Dearborn, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Garrison Street and South Military Street, on the left when traveling east on Garrison Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 22340 Garrison Street, Dearborn MI 48124, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Charles A. Kandt House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Business Pioneers (about 400 feet away); Rhythm of Radio Rouge River Water Quality Improvements (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bryant Branch Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Westward Welcome (approx. ¼ mile away); U.S. Arsenal 1833 - 1875 (approx. 0.3 miles away); U.S. Arsenal Officers' - Surgeons' Quarters and Barracks 1833 - 1875 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dearborn.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 190 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. 3. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page was last revised on October 16, 2016.