Old Fort in McDowell County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Andrews Geyser was restored in 1976 by the Town of Old Fort, with contributions from the people of western North Carolina, and dedicated as a public park, for the use and enjoyment of all.
Your cooperation in caring for these facilities will be appreciated and insure the use of Andrews Geyser as a park, for the benefit of future generations.
Location. 35° 39.078′ N, 82° 14.482′ W. Marker is in Old Fort, North Carolina, in McDowell County. Marker is on Mill Creek Road (County Road 1407) 0.4 miles south of Graphite Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2345 Mill Creek Rd, Old Fort NC 28762, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Andrews Geyser (approx. 1.7 miles away); Swannanoa Gap Engagement (approx. 2.7 miles away); Swannanoa Tunnel (approx. 2.7 miles away); Swannanoa Gap Stoneman's Raid (approx. 3 miles away); The Old Indian Fort (approx. 3.7 miles away); Frontier Fort (approx. 3.7 miles away); Mount Mitchell Railroad (approx. 4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Old Fort.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on October 14, 2016.