Cape Charles in Northampton County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Kiptopeke State Park
(upper right) Normal beach shape, calm conditions; Beach erosion during a storm; Beach and dune repair after storm.
• Observe wildlife in its natural habitat whenever possible
• Release any wildlife you have caught for closer observation
• Release wildlife in the same exact spot where you caught it
• Take photographs, make drawings, or write in a journal rather than take a specimen with you
• Clean up any litter and volunteer for beach clean-up activities
• Follow fishing regulations and license requirements
• Remember, permits are required for collection of any plants or animals.
Location. 37° 10.055′ N, 75° 59.208′ W. Marker is in Cape Charles, Virginia, in Northampton County. Marker is on Kiptopeke Drive (County Route 704) 0.4 miles west of Florida Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3540 Kiptopeke Drive, Cape Charles VA 23310, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Chesapeake Bay (here, next to this marker); Farm to Market (here, next to this marker); Maritime Highway (a few steps from this marker); A Good Start (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Concrete Ships (about 700 feet away); Fisherman Island NWR (approx. 3.4 miles away); Arlington (approx. 3.6 miles away but has been reported missing); Mansion Site (approx. 4.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cape Charles.
Also see . . . Kiptopeke State Park. Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (Submitted on October 17, 2016.)
Categories. • Environment • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 187 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on October 17, 2016.