Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
1806 - 1877
Erected 1986 by The Polish Heritage Association of the Southeast.
Location. 33° 28.238′ N, 81° 57.784′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker is on Telfair Street near 6th Street, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Medical College (here, next to this marker); Medical College Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named The First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); Richmond County General George Washington (about 500 feet away); Army National Guard (about 500 feet away); The Signer's Monument (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Augusta.
Also see . . . Old Medical College of Georgia. The Old Medical College is a two story structure built on a square floor plan. Its front has a beautiful portico with a pediment supported by six massive fluted Doric columns. Although the structure was made of brick, it was covered with stucco that gives it a stone-like appearance. (Submitted on January 21, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,225 times since then and 89 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.