HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
            “Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
  Home  — My Markers  — Add A Marker  — Marker Series  — Links & Books  — Forum  — About Us
Click First to browse through the results shown on this page.   First >> 
Show DirectionsOmit Marker TextClick to map all markers shown on this page.
Charles County Markers
Maryland (Charles County), Bel Alton — John Wilkes Booth and David Herold
John Wilkes Booth and David Herold remained hidden from April 16 to 21, 1865 in a nearby pine thicket, while Union troops searched for them. Thomas A. Jones brought them food and the newspapers. — Map (db m39524) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bel Alton — Pine Thicket“the instrument of his punishment” — John Wilkes Booth – Escape of an Assassin
After assassinating President Abraham Lincoln on April 14, 1865, John Wilkes Booth and his accomplice, David A. Herold, fled Washington for Southern Maryland, a hotbed of Confederate sympathizers. After leaving the home of Dr. Samuel A. Mudd near Bryantown, Booth found a guide who brought them to the home of Samuel Cox in the early morning hours of April 16. After some negotiating, Cox agreed to place them in the care of friends in the Confederate underground. He sent them to a dense growth of . . . — Map (db m39528) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bel Alton — Rich Hill
Mid-18th century farm house (with alterations after 1800) was home of Col. Samuel Cox. This southern sympathizer fed and sheltered fugitives John Wilkes Booth and David E. Herold before dawn on Easter Sunday, April 16, 1865 following Booth's assassination of President Abraham Lincoln. Booth and Herold hid in woods until night of April 21, when Cox's foster brother, Thomas A. Jones, helped them escape across the Potomac to Virginia. — Map (db m4458) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bel Alton — Rich HillThe Fugitives Seek Shelter — John Wilkes Booth - Escape of an Assassin
After leaving Dr. Samuel A. Mudd's house on April 15, 1865, John Wilkes Booth, the assassin of President Abraham Lincoln, and his accomplice David E. Herold avoided Zekiah Swamp and made a wide arc around the village of Bryantown. Unsure of their surroundings, they soon enlisted the aid of a guide, Oswell Swann, who led them across the swamp to Rich Hill, the home of Samuel Cox. They arrived here shortly after midnight on April 16. According to Swann, Cox admitted the pair to the house where . . . — Map (db m4460) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Benedict — Benedict
Benedict. Founded in 1683 as Benedict-Leonardtown. Here a vessel was constructed for Geo. Washington in 1760. In August, 1814, British troops under Gen. Ross landed near here for their march on the City of Washington. — Map (db m28315) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Benedict — Camp Stanton
Camp Stanton was established in this area, October, 1863, for the recruiting and training of the Seventh, Ninth, Nineteenth and Thirtieth United States Colored Infantry. — Map (db m4112) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Benedict — Camp StantonTraining Post for USCT
Nearby stood Camp Stanton, a Civil War-era recruiting and training post for African American Union soldiers. Named for Secretary of War Edwin Stanton, the camp was established in August 1863. Although black soldiers had served in the nation’s armed forces since the Revolutionary War, they were barred from the U.S. Army during the Civil War until President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863. The 7th Regiment, United States Colored Troops (USCT), organized . . . — Map (db m15699) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Benedict — Maxwell Hall
Built circa 1768 by merchant and tobacco farmer George Maxwell, Maxwell Hall features massive twin chimneys and foundation stones of English chert. Local tradition holds that in the War of 1812, the British invasion force took possession of Maxwell Hall during their march on Washington in August 1814. — Map (db m28317) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Benedict — The British are ComingStar-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail
Residents along the Patuxent watched nervously as wave after wave of British warships approached the tiny town of Benedict. For months enemy raiders had terrorized Southern Maryland. Benedict felt their sting twice in June 1814. Now, August 19-20, more than 50 British vessels discharged 4,500 soldiers (outnumbering the entire white male population of Charles County). The British had something big in mind. From Benedict, they could reach Washington, Annapolis, and Baltimore. Americans, . . . — Map (db m68046) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bryantown — Boarman's Manor3,333 Acres
Granted, 1674, to William Boarman Esq. with royal courts, perquisites, profits of courts and other privileges and immunities belonging to manors in England. By proprietary patent Lord Baltimore granted the prerogatives of Court Baron and all things belonging thereunto. — Map (db m24214) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bryantown — Rev. Lawrence Anthony Bender, S.S.
  November 14, 1924 – February 5, 2004 Education. St. Mary’s Elementary, Notre Dame High School, Bryantown, MD 1931–1942 • St. Charles College Seminary, Catonsville, MD 1942–1945 • Bachelor’s Degree, St. Mary’s Seminary, Paca Street, Baltimore, MD 1946–1947 • S.T.B. & S.T.L. Degrees, St. Mary’s Seminary & University, Baltimore, MD 1947–1951 • Master’s Degree, Catholic University, Washington, DC 1953 • S.T.D. Degree, Angelicum, Rome 1957–1958. . . . — Map (db m926) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bryantown — St. Mary’s Church
In 1700 a frame chapel ministered by Jesuit missionaries was attached to the home of Major William Boardman. Father David erected a church in 1793. Under Father Courtney in 1845 a new brick church was begun which is the middle section of the present building. Fire destroyed all but the walls in 1963. The rebuilt church was dedicated in 1966. St. Mary’s was established as a separate parish from the Waldorf, Aquasco and Benedict areas in 1851. — Map (db m925) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bryantown — St. Mary’s Church and CemeteryMudd Meets Booth — John Wilkes Booth – Escape of An Assassin
On November 13, 1864, here at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Dr. Samuel A. Mudd was introduced to John Wilkes Booth, the future assassin of President Abraham Lincoln. Booth had come to Charles County to contact the Confederate underground here and recruit men to help him kidnap the president. Mudd’s wife, Sarah, later wrote: “The first time I ever saw John Wilkes Booth was in November 1864. My husband went to Bryantown Church [St. Mary’s] and was introduced to Booth by John . . . — Map (db m924) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Bryantown — Village of BryantownCommercial Center — John Wilkes Booth - Escape of an Assassin
This building in the Bryantown Tavern, constructed about 1815. On April 15, 1865, the morning after President Lincoln’s assassination, Lt. David D. Dana made it his headquarters while pursuing John Wilkes Booth, the assassin, with a detachment of the 13th New York Cavalry. Unknown to Dana, Booth was only four miles north at the home of Dr. Samuel A. Mudd, who treated Booth’s broken leg. Though Booth had visited Bryantown several times in 1864, he did not pass through here during his escape, but . . . — Map (db m4500) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Faulkner — "Huckleberry"
Home of Confederate Mail Agent, Thomas A. Jones, who helped to shelter, and aided the escape of John Wilkes Booth and David Herold in their flight, April 16th to 21st 1865. — Map (db m4528) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Glymont — Saint Charles of Cornwallis Neck
This is the site of Saint Charles Roman Catholic Church. The parish began as a “Station Chapel” in the nearby home of the Charles Pye Family. Priests from St. Thomas Manor House in Port Tobacco came by on horseback to minister to the people. Saint Charles was granted full parish status in 1800. According to the deed from the Pye Family, the first Pastor was Rev. John Mondesir. The original building was replaced in 1913. The second church was razed in 1970. — Map (db m6738) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Indian Head — Araby
The widow Eilbeck, mentioned in Washington’s diary, lived here. Her daughter, Ann Eilbeck, married Col. George Mason of Gunston Hall, Virginia. Araby built about 1700. — Map (db m39526) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Indian Head — Budds Ferry
One ← Mile Site of a Union Battery, November, 1861 to March 1862. The movements of Confederate troops across the Potomac River in Virginia were observed from a balloon above this point. — Map (db m19569) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Indian Head — General Joseph Hooker, U.S.A.
Maintained headquarters here at Chicamuxen Methodist Church from October, 1861, to March, 1862, when over 12,000 Union troops were camped along the Potomac River in Charles County. — Map (db m14774) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Indian Head — Navy RailroadHistorical Role in Our Nation’s Defense — Indian Head Rail Trail
The Naval Base, [then] known as “The Naval Proving Ground”, was established in the town of Indian Head in 1890. Its main purpose was to test guns, powder, fuses and other naval ordnances as well as producing smokeless powder. The Naval Proving Ground played an essential role in producing supplies for naval ships during the European conflict. Reliable Transportation Needs. Harsh winters eliminated the use of the Potomac River to transport raw materials and finished products . . . — Map (db m70905) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Ironsides — Durham ParishEstablished 1692
One of the original thirty parishes established by an act of the General Assembly of Maryland on June the 2nd 1692. A log church was first erected on this site as reported by the vestry to the Governor in 1694. Existing church was constructed in 1732-34, walls were raised to provide galleries and major repairs completed in 1793. Placed as a witness to the debt of the church to the wisdom and fidelity of those whose work, done in the past lives today. Vestry 1966 — Map (db m68588) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — “The Monastery”
First Carmel in U.S. Founded October 15, 1790, by four Carmelites from Belgium three of them natives of Maryland. Nuns moved to Baltimore Sept. 13, 1831. The restorers of Mt. Carmel in Md Recoverd site March 27, 1935. Restored buildings 1937. — Map (db m6228) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — Chandler's Hope
— 2 miles → Job Chandler, first Charles County settler, built the oldest part of this house, 1639-1650, aided by the Potopaco Indians. Later it was the birthplace of Archbishop Leonard Neale, one of six brothers, all Catholic priests, and one sister, a nun. First (temporary) seat of Carmelite Nuns in America, 1790. — Map (db m6741) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — Christ Church Episcopal
Parish church of Port Tobacco Parish, one of the 30 Church of England parishes established, 1692, by act of the provincial assembly, supported by a yearly poll tax of 40 pounds of tobacco. In 1904 the edifice was moved stone by stone from Port Tobacco and rebuilt on this site. — Map (db m1073) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — La Plata Elementary School
Destroyed by a tornado on November 9, 1926. Thirteen pupils and four townspeople lost their lives and approximately thirty-five were injured. The school stood 433 feet northwest of this site on a rise in a residential area near the junction of Wicomico and Somerset Streets. The names of the pupils are memorialized on a plaque in the foyer of the Milton M. Somers School. — Map (db m39522) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — Myrtle Grove Game Refuge
800 acres, purchased May 25, 1929, from Walter J. Mitchell, Attorney for Mortgagee; from Hunter's License Fund, for the purpose of propagating game. — Map (db m5937) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — Old Durham Church, Episcopal - 1692
11.8 miles West near Ironsides, MD. Oldest church in Charles County. Served by thirty rectors through 257 years. Present building erected 1732. Visited by George Washington 1771. Restored by Governor Smallwood 1791. — Map (db m36840) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — Surgeon General Revolutionary Army
Dr. James Craik, friend and family physician of Gen Washington, built this place, La Grange, about 1765 and lived here until his removal to Alexandria, VA., 1783. — Map (db m6734) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Marbury — General Smallwood's Gravesite
General William Smallwood A hero of the American Revolution and a native of Maryland Commissioned Colonel in 1776 Brigadier General in 1777 Major General in 1780 Elected Governor of Maryland in 1785 Died February 14, 1792 Erected over his remains by the Maryland Society, Sons of the American Revolution, July 4, 1898 — Map (db m6099) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Marbury — Rum Point
1 ½ → miles A landing on Mattawoman Creek used from December, 1861 to March, 1862 to unload supplies for a brigade of New Jersey troops encamped nearby. — Map (db m6082) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Marbury — Smallwood's Home
One mile from here lived Gen. Wm. Smallwood, commander of the Maryland troops which saved Washington’s Army at Long Island. Governor of Maryland from 1785 to 1788. Washington visited here in 1786. — Map (db m6081) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Marshall Hall — Marshall Hall
Marshall Hall Built by Wm. Marshall in 1690 on land obtained from the Piscataway Indians. Maryland landing of Posey ferry used by Washington. Mt. Vernon in sight from river shore. — Map (db m6079) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Nanjemoy — General Daniel E. Sickles, U.S.A.
Commander of the “Excelsior Brigade”, New York Volunteers, maintained headquarters here October 1861 to March 1862. — Map (db m6230) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Nanjemoy — Washington's Farm
← Two miles southwest Washington owned 600 acres of land bought in 1775 and retained until his death. In 1786 he visited this property accompanied by Gen. Smallwood. — Map (db m6231) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — “Cliffton”
On this location Maj. R. G. Watson and his daughter Mary, both Confederate agents, lived and carried on a direct mail and slave route between the North and the South during the entire Civil War. Because of the unobstructed view from these cliffs, this was an ideal location. Maj. Watson would meet the boat while Mary would watch from an upstairs window and signal if it was unsafe by placing a black flag in the window. Within a short distance from this point John Wilkes Booth, Abraham . . . — Map (db m5938) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — 300 Year Old Southern Red Oak
Circumference 15’7” Height 72’       Spread 98’ This beautiful tree had been preserved by the Potomac Electric Power Company in cooperation with the Charles County Garden Club — Map (db m10169) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — Christ ChurchWilliam and Mary Parish — 1690
Known originally as Piccawaxen, the parish was re-named William and Mary under the Establishment Act of 1692. Map (db m24539) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — Cliffton
The home of Major Roderick G. Watson is two miles north of this marker. At the start of the Civil War many persons crossed the Potomac River to Virginia in this area. From 1862 to the end of the war, Thomas A. Jones served as a Confederate agent forwarding mail from the South to the North and Canada. Mary, daughter of Major Watson, hung a signal in a dormer window of Cliffton when it was not safe for the mail boat to cross from Virginia. — Map (db m3827) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — Crossing the PotomacOff into the Darkness — John Wilkes Booth – Escape of an Assassin
After assassinating President Abraham Lincoln on April 14, 1865, John Wilkes Booth and his accomplice, David A. Herold, fled Washington for Southern Maryland, a hotbed of Confederate sympathizers. Concealed for several days in a pine thicket two miles northeast of here, the pair made their way over rough terrain to the Potomac River on the night of April 20, 1865. Guided by Thomas A. Jones, a Confederate signal agent, they traveled about a mile to the mouth of a small stream where Jones had . . . — Map (db m4476) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — Dents Meadow
(One mile [west]) John Wilkes Booth and David Herold set out from here for the Virginia shore during the night of April 21, 1865, in a boat supplied by Thomas A. Jones. — Map (db m19106) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — John Wilkes BoothEscape of an Assassin — War on the Chesapeake Bay
Divided loyalties and ironies tore at Marylander’s hearts throughout the Civil War: enslaved African-Americans and free United States Colored Troops; spies and smugglers; civilians imprisoned without trial to protect freedom; neighbors and families at odds in Maryland and faraway battlefields. From the Eastern Shore to the suburbs of Washington, eastern Maryland endured those strains of civil war in ways difficult to imagine today. Those strains continued even after Confederate General . . . — Map (db m24540) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Newburg — Wolleston Manor
(2000 Acres with Court Leet and Court Baron) Patented in 1642 to Captain James Neale Member of the Council and Commissioner of his Lordship's Treasury 1643. House built 1661. (Since destroyed). — Map (db m24541) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Pomfret — Church of St. Joseph
Established in 1783 by Father Joseph Hunter, S. J. Maurice McDonough The eighteenth century merchant who died in 1804 is buried here. He willed his modest wealth to establish free schools for the education of poor children in this section of Charles County where he worked as a peddler and storekeeper for many years. Through his benevolence the McDonough Charity Fund was incorporated in 1807. Free schools were established and by 1900 the fund was sufficient to found the first school in the . . . — Map (db m6234) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — "Brentland"
2.6 »——→ miles Birthplace of Acting Brigadier General Joseph Lancaster Brent, C.S.A. (1826-1909). He served in the Trans-Mississippi Department during the Civil War and took part in the siege of Vicksburg. — Map (db m7216) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Chapel Point Park
Site of county recreational facilities from the early 1900s to 1962, at the confluence of the Potomac and Port Tobacco Rivers. Originally a resort for St. Thomas Manor, steamboats brought passengers from Washington DC for the day. Opened to the general public in 1925 with facilities for picnic, rollerskating, social functions, restaurant, beach with bath houses and hotel. Site of the first County fair in 1924. — Map (db m40335) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — John Wilkes BoothEscape of an Assassin — War on the Chesapeake Bay
Divided loyalties and ironies tore at Marylander’s hearts throughout the Civil War: enslaved African-Americans and free United States Colored Troops; spies and smugglers; civilians imprisoned without trial to protect freedom; neighbors and families at odds in Maryland and faraway battlefields. From the Eastern Shore to the suburbs of Washington, eastern Maryland endured those strains of civil war in ways difficult to imagine today. Those strains continued even after Confederate General . . . — Map (db m1104) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Mulberry Grove
Birthplace of John Hanson April 14, 1715 President of the United States in Congress Assembled 1781-1782 Died Oxon Hill, Maryland November 22, 1783. — Map (db m4076) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Mulberry Grove - Birthplace of John Hanson
President of the United States in Congress Assembled 1781–1782. Died, Oxon Hill, Maryland, November 22, 1783. — Map (db m4077) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — On to YorktownWashington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route National Historic Trail — Road to Victory
Upon arrival of French forces in Newport, Rhode Island in July 1780, Baron Ludwig von Closen, a captain in the Royal Deux-Ponts Regiment, was selected by General Rochambeau as one of his aides-de-camp. Closen accompanied Rochambeau on most of his visits with General Washington and was chosen as courier of many important communications, including messages to the French fleet commanders Admirals de Barras and De Grasse. Closen kept a detailed diary of his activities throughout his stay in . . . — Map (db m62756) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Port Tobacco
The Indian village of Potobac, visited in 1608 by Capt. John Smith, occupied this site. County Seat of Charles County, 1658 - 1895. Washington visited here frequently. Site of St. Columba Lodge No. 11 A. F.& A. M., chartered April 18, 1793. Erected by St. Columba Lodge No. 150 A. F. & A. M, La Plata, Maryland, 1932. Replaced and relocated 1976. — Map (db m963) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Port Tobacco
In this center of Confederate activity, at the Brawner Hotel, Detective Captain William Williams unsuccessfully offered Thomas Jones $100,000 reward for information that would lead to the capture of John Wilkes Booth. — Map (db m1016) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Rose Hill
Home of Dr. Gustavus Richard Brown who lies buried here. He was a close friend of George Washington and was one of the physicians in attendance at his death. — Map (db m1171) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Rose Hill
Home of Miss Olivia Floyd, Confederate agent, and her brother Robert Semmes Floyd, C.S.A. killed in action. Both are buried in St. Ignatius Church Yard two miles south. — Map (db m39523) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Saint Thomas Manor
4000 acres in Portobacco Hundred surveyed 25 October 1649 for Thomas Matthews, Esq., “to have hold use and enjoy within the said mannor a court leet and court baron with all to the said courts or either of them belonging by the law or custome of England.” (smaller brass tablet) This manor granted under “conditions of plantation” to (Fr.) Thomas Copley, Esq. (S.J.) on August 15, 1649, was held by Thomas Matthews for the Jesuits until 1662. — Map (db m1196) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — St. Columba Masonic Lodge
Circa 1770 Original site of St. Columba Masonic Lodge AF & AM — Map (db m24542) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — St. Ignatius Catholic ChurchSt. Thomas Manor — Chapel Point, Maryland
Dating from 1662 the oldest continuously active parish in the United States. Founded 1641 by Father Andrew White, S.J., who named Chapel Point. Present church built 1798. St. Thomas Manor has been a Jesuit residence since its erection in 1741. — Map (db m39525) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — The Retreat
Daniel St. Thomas Jenifer’s home. First President of the Maryland Senate 1777-1781. Close friend of George Washington who visited here June 3rd 1763. — Map (db m1235) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco — Thomas Stone
Born 1744–Died 1787. Signer of the Declaration of Independence. Member of Congress 1775-1784. One time its presiding officer. He lies buried at his home “Haber de Venture” one mile south. — Map (db m1002) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Port Tobacco Village — Saint Ignatius' ChurchSaint Thomas' Manor
The Manor Land was acquired in 1649, under Lord Baltimore's "Conditions of Plantation." The Chapel was built probably in 1662, the manor house in 1741. Bishop Carroll laid the cornerstone of the present church in 1798. Here occurred in 1805 the viva voce restoration of the Jesuit order in the United States. Erected 1949 by Alcala Caravan No. 16 Order of Alhambra. — Map (db m70788) HM
Maryland (Charles County), St. Charles — Dr. Samuel A. MuddTreating an Assassin — John Wilkes Booth – Escape of An Assassin
This house was the home of Dr. Samuel Alexander Mudd and his wife, Sarah Frances Dyer. Early on the morning of April 15, 1865, John Wilkes Booth arrived here with a companion, David E. Herold, and asked Mudd to set Booth’s broken leg. Afterward, as Booth rested in an upstairs bedroom, Mudd rode into Bryantown, then returned home late in the afternoon to find his visitors departing. Questioned later by U.S. authorities, Mudd claimed he did not recognize Booth or know that he was being . . . — Map (db m921) HM
Maryland (Charles County), St. Charles — Home of Dr. Samuel Mudd(1833–1883)
John Wilkes Booth rested here for several hours on April 15, 1865, after receiving treatment for his broken leg. — Map (db m920) HM
Maryland (Charles County), St. Charles — John Wilkes BoothEscape of an Assassin — War on the Chesapeake Bay
Divided loyalties and ironies tore at Marylanders’ hearts throughout the Civil War: enslaved African-Americans and free United States Colored Troops; spies and smugglers; civilians imprisoned without trial to protect freedom; neighbors and families at odds in Maryland and faraway battlefields. From the Eastern Shore to the suburbs of Washington, eastern Maryland endured those strains of civil war in ways difficult to imagine today. Those strains continued even after Confederate General . . . — Map (db m922) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Waldorf — Dr. Mudd's House
Dr. Mudd set the broken leg of Wilkes Booth who escaped from Washington after Lincoln's assassination on April 14, 1865. Dr. Mudd was tried and imprisoned on Dry Tortugas Island. — Map (db m8932) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Waldorf — Eutaw
Home of Captain William Fendlay Dement. 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A. He served with distinction at Seven Pines, Second Manassas, Cedar Run, Harper's Ferry, Gettysburg, Appomattox, and Sharpsburg. Buried at Pomfret. — Map (db m39521) HM
Maryland (Charles County), Waldorf — Mattawoman RunCharles and Prince George's Counties
Named for the Mattawoman Indians who had a fort and town in this locality. In 1670 Governor Charles Calvert presented to their king, maquata, a medal with the likeness of his father, Cecilius, second Lord Baltimore, on one side and a map of Maryland on the other. A replica is in the possession of the Maryland Historical Society — Map (db m24543) HM
65 markers matched your search criteria.
Click to map all markers shown on this page.
Click First to browse through the results shown on this page.   First >> 


•••
More Search Options
 
Markers
Near You

 
Categories

 
States & Provinces

 
Counties
Click to List


 
Countries

Page composed
in 160 ms.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To search within this page, hold down the Ctrl key and press F.
On an Apple computer,
hold down the Apple key and press F.