A major Confederate saltworks, with daily capacity of 150 bushels, before completion, was located 200 feet north. Brick foundations were salvaged from ruins of the old City of St. Joseph. Salt processed by evaporation of seawater was one of . . . — Map (db m27029) HM
This memorial is to commemorate the birth of the State of Florida and the assembling of the first Constitutional Convention of this state convened in a building then standing upon this spot in the Year of our Lord 1838.
All men are equal before . . . — Map (db m62107) HM
(Front): In 1717, on this site, the French began erecting Fort Crévecoeur within Spanish domain. On February 8, 1718, Jean-Baptiste Lèmoyne de Bienville, acting Governor of Louisiana, dispatched his brother, Lèmoyne de Cháteagué to complete . . . — Map (db m8164) HM
The South Portion of Calhoun County was cut out in 1925 to form Gulf County. Wewahitchka was chosen as the county seat. The first county business was transacted in a local business house until this court house was built in 1927, and served until the . . . — Map (db m101419) HM
Fort Place, or Richard's Fort, five miles south, erected in the early 1800's is considered as the forerunner of Wewahitchka. People lived in the area earlier. Wewahitchka (Indian name for water eyes), first permanent settlement in . . . — Map (db m101420) HM