Fort Seward was the first permanent military base in Alaska. Completed in 1904 on 100 acres of land donated by the Presbyterian Church, it remained active until 1944. Named for William H. Seward, the U.S. Secretary of State who arranged the purchase . . . — Map (db m70810) HM
Commemorating the Founders
World War II Veterans
and their families
who bought Fort Wm. H. Seward in 1947
and pioneered their futures here.
Steve Homer • Ted and Mimi Gregg • Carl and Betty Heinmiller • Marty and . . . — Map (db m70803) HM WM