HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
            “Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
  Home  — My Markers  — Add A Marker  — Marker Series  — Links & Books  — Forum  — About Us
Click First to browse through the results shown on this page.   First >> 
Show DirectionsOmit Marker TextClick to map all markers shown on this page.
Hunterdon County Markers
318 markers matched your search criteria. The first 250 markers are listed. Next 68
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Alexandria Township — St. Thomas Episcopal of Alexandria
Founded 1723. Stonework Erected 1769. Parish Hall 1993. — Map (db m18881) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Amwell — John Hart's Cave
Refuge of local signer of The Declaration of Independence while hiding from the British. His estate ransacked by Hessians, he was financially ruined and died in 1779. — Map (db m30658) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Annandale — Annandale Historic District
Annandale Historic District founded as Clinton Station Circa 1852 — Map (db m11965) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Annandale — Annandale Reformed Church
Founded in 1861. This church built in 1868 when Annandale was known as Clinton Junction. — Map (db m16925) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Annandale — Capt. Jacob Gearhart
Farmstead on 308 acres: circa 1765 Revolutionary War patriot who secured boats for Washington's Crossing and wintered at Valley Forge. — Map (db m63072) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Annandale — Central Railroad Of New Jersey
Built west from Elizabeth and Jersey City in the 1830s, reaching Easton in 1852. This stop spawned the town of Clinton Station, renamed Annandale in 1873. — Map (db m16926) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Annandale — Jones Tavern
Established in 1760 by Captain Thomas Jones. During the Revolution was one of the recruiting stations for the militia of Hunterdon County. — Map (db m18184) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Baptistown — Baptistown
Settled by Baptists in the 1720s. One of the area's older towns astride the Old Kings Highway (now Rte. 519), it offered a tavern, stores, and various artisans. — Map (db m16662) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Baptistown — Oak Summit
Continental troops camped here in December 1778 while escorting British and Hessian prisoners to Virginia. The enemy troops were captured in the Battle of Saratoga. — Map (db m16664) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Baptistown — Oak Summit CemeteryEst. 1754
Dedicated to the Revolutionary and Civil War soldiers whose sacrifice will forever shape the course of history. Dedicated by Eagle Scout Chris Wozniak, 2008 — Map (db m18884) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Baptistown — Oak Summit School
Erected in 1849 at a cost of $400. Used almost continuously until 1953. Accommodated up to 40 students with one teacher. — Map (db m16593) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Baptistown — Old Stone Church
Now owned by Unitarian-Universalist congregation. Present church was built in 1837. — Map (db m16592) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Barbertown — Barbertown
Once Charlestown and Larisonville; renamed by 1859 after early resident. An 1823 tavern, blacksmith shop & several stores formed the town's business core. — Map (db m30637) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Bethlehem — Jugtown Mountain
Midpoint of the Musconetcong Mountain Range was named for 1761 "Jug" Tavern at the bottom of the hill to the west. The 4900' Lehigh Valley RR tunnel beneath was the longest in the East in 1875. Second tube opened in 1928. — Map (db m62292) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Bethlehem Township — Jersey Barriers
Frequent dangerous accidents on Jugtown Mountain led to the first installation here of the concrete road dividers, which later became famous and are now also in use to defend against terorists. — Map (db m36097) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Bethlehem Township — Tower Hill Farm
Dating back to the 1840's, this farm was purchased for Thomas Edison's storekeeper, Frederick Devonald, in 1932 and remained in the family until 1983. Unusual springhouse consists of two levels. — Map (db m68387) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Bloomsbury — Bloomsbury Catholic ChurchSaint Joachim's Replacement
This church is the direct replacement for the same parish community of Saint Joachim's Church, West Portal, New Jersey, destroyed by fire February 5, 1944. — Map (db m46310) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Bloomsbury — Bloomsbury Presbyterian Church
Founded in 1857 as a daughter church of the Old Grenwich Church to the west in Warren County. Building erected in 1858. — Map (db m35528) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Bloomsbury — Bloomsbury Veterans MonumentHonor Roll
Upper Plaque: Honor Roll 1941 - 1945 Dedicated to the valiant youth of Bloomsbury Borough who served their country in World War II. William E. Anderson, Jr. • Frank H. Apgar • Clarence C. Bigley • Joseph E. Bigley • Russell W. Bosenbary • Austin J. Buck • Frances C. Connell • Helen E. Cougle • James L. Greveling • John W. Greveling • Arthur L. De Wire • Richard G. Edleston • Robert W. Edleston • Frederick E. Everly • Raymond H. Everly • Lewis I. Fine . . . — Map (db m35529) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Bloomsbury — The Easton Road(s)
The Easton-Brunswick Road c.1740 and the Easton-Trenton Road c.1750 merged here and completed their journey to Easton together. — Map (db m46308) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — Califon
Known earlier as California, its name dates to the gold rush days. By the 1870s, its water powered mills and the High Bridge RR brought growth. Post office est. 1878. — Map (db m21811) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — Califon Methodist Episcopal Church
Congregation founded in 1867 in a building moved here from New Germantown (Oldwick). Present church built in 1891. — Map (db m16706) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — Califon Veterans Monument
Dedicated to the memory of the Veterans of Califon who served our country so that freedom might prevail. — Map (db m21810) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — Mountain Farm
Founded by Lance family in 1749, and occupied by descendants until 1926. Home to Jehovah's Witnesses for 57 years, until 1999. Now in the County Park System. — Map (db m16705) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — The Califon StationThe High Bridge Branch of the Central Railroad of New Jersey
The town's original name came from Jacob Neighbor, an early resident who prospered in the hills of California during the gold rush of 1849. Upon his return, he built two of the first businesses in town, a large sawmill along the banks of the South Branch of the Raritan River and a general store. He named the fledgling town California, but according to local legend, the sign painter could not fit the name on the station's sign, and shortened it to Califon. Califon was honored to have the . . . — Map (db m21807) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — The Middle Valley Trap Rock & Mine CompanyTettertown Preserve
Lawrence Hager Trimmer (1847-1909) was a commanding presence in the Middle Valley community, having represented the Second District of Hunterdon County, in the New Jersey State Assembly, from 1889-1891. As a prominent businessman he founded and served as director of the High Bridge National Bank. As a mill owner specializing in the manufacturing of peach baskets, his 30 workers could turn out 4,000 baskets daily. As mine owner of the Middle Valley Trap Rock and Mine Company, he supplied crushed . . . — Map (db m41267) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — The Railroad & The Vernoy QuarryThe High Bridge Branch of the Central Railroad of New Jersey
Opened in July 1876, the High Bridge Branch was once a busy railroad owned by the Central Railroad Company of New Jersey. It was built to bring iron ore from the mines in Chester, Hacklebarney, Mine Hill, Port Oram (Wharton), and Hibernia to the Taylor Iron Works (later Taylor-Wharton Iron & Steel Company) in High Bridge and to the foundries and steel mills along the main line to the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania region. Other important commodities handled by the trains on the High Bridge Branch . . . — Map (db m21809) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Califon — The Teetertown MillTettertown Preserve
In 1760, a farmer named Asher Mott (1739-?) inherited a gristmill and a 45 acre "plantation" following the death of his father, William. The mill was located downstream from this point along Hollow Brook (also known as Mill Creek). Please note that there is no public access to the former mill site, which is private property. The mill had three sets of grinding stones powered by an overshot wheel. By 1768, he decided to settle along the Delaware River, north of Trenton and sold his share of the . . . — Map (db m41266) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Changewater — Changewater Trestle
Railroad operated between Scranton and Hampton from 1856 until 1959 when bridge was razed by Delaware, Lackawanna And Western Railroad. — Map (db m16612) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Changewater — Warren Railroad Company
Connected the Central Railroad to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad along the Delaware River. Completed 1862; track torn up c1960. — Map (db m16671) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Cherryville — Cherryville
Known earlier as Dogtown for the 1737 tavern built here. Named for the Cherry family in 1839. The church was organized in 1849, the post office in 1850. — Map (db m21929) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Blacksmith Shop
This fully functional shop is representative of the period from 1750 to 1900. Quarry operations required the skills of a blacksmith for the maintenance of equipment and livestock. — Map (db m63103) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Bonnell’s Tavern
The first regiment of Minute Men in the colonies formed here in 1775. Built in 1767 on the main road from New Brunswick to Easton. — Map (db m16707) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Christopher Vought House
Built by Johannes Cristofel Vought in 1759, the house features unique aspects of Germanic construction. Vought was the active loyalist leader in his area during the Revolution. — Map (db m21804) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Clinton Historic District
The Town of Clinton Historic District encompasses most of the town's area, including more than 200 properties built between 1810 and 1930. The Town of Clinton was a prominent local commercial center during this period. It's two mills, numerous stores and residences reflect its prominence and prosperity. The districts building reflect many popular architectural styles including a high concentration of Greek Revival and Italianate buildings. — Map (db m16673) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Dunham's Mill
This Historic structure, known as Dunham's Mill, was built in 1837 and now houses the Hunterdon Art Center.

Milling on this site dates back to 1751, and the present mill was in operation until 1951.

The building and its site on the South Branch of the Raritan River were placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981. — Map (db m57080) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Four Corners
Until 1930 this intersection was the turn-off point for west-bound motorists who opted to drive northward to avoid the Jugtown Mtn. grades toward Phillipsburg and Easton. — Map (db m45880) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Gen. George W. Taylor
Born in High Bridge in 1808 to the iron-making family, he lived in Clinton. Hunterdon's only Civil War general. Killed in 1862 at Manassas, Va. while leading the 1st NJ Brigade. Buried west of the church. — Map (db m18182) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — General George W. Taylor
George William Taylor of Clinton was commissioned Colonel, Third NJ Volunteer Infantry Regiment on 4 June 1861. The Third Regiment was part of the NJ First Brigade (1,1,V1) under the command of General Phil Kearny. Taylor succeeded Kearny as commander of the First Brigade and was commissioned Brigadier General on 9 May 1862. On 27 August 1862 he led the Brigade across the Orange & Alexandria Railroad Bridge over Bull Run to attack Confederate forces near Manassas Junction. Overwhelmed by the . . . — Map (db m18268) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Hunterdon Historical Museumaka "The Red Mill"
Red Mill ca. 1810. Processed wool, plaster, grist, talc, graphite. Once generated electricity. Limestone quarry mined from early 1800's to 1963. — Map (db m52939) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Hunterdon Museum Of Art
1837 grist mill ground various products until 1952 when it became a cultural center. Presents visual arts exhibitions and education programs. — Map (db m16628) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Landsdown TrailThe Clinton Branch of the Lehigh Valley Railroad
Completed in 1882 by the Lehigh Valley Railroad, this 1.8 mile rail line, known as the Clinton Branch, provided passenger service that ran 10 times a day between 6 A.M. and 7 P.M. A small train with a steam locomotive and a single passenger car called the "dinkey" it shuttled passengers between Clinton and the railroad's main line at Landsdown. During its final years, the sole passenger train was a single self-propelled gas electric car known as #5 and nicknamed the "doodlebug". It was built in . . . — Map (db m32786) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Lime Kilns
There were lime kilns on this site as early as 1781. When limestone was fired, the resulting chemical change produced a powder which was used for fertilizer, whitewash and sanitation. — Map (db m63100) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Minisink Trail
This point marks the intersection of the upper and lower Minisink Trails connector used by Lenape for travel and trade between the Delaware and Raritan Rivers. — Map (db m45882) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Mulligan Quarry
The limestone quarry site was operated continuously by members of the Mulligan family, who either owned or leased the property for 115 years.

James Mulligan and his brothers, Francis, Patrick and Terrance, emigrated from County Caven, Ireland and settled in Clinton. James' brothers bought the quarry in 1848; James helped in its operation.

In 1855, The Mulligans sold the quarry to James P. Hoffman, who sold it to George Gulick. However, James continued to lease and operate the site . . . — Map (db m63099) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Music Hall
1890 structure included 300-seat theater and two offices. Hosted variety acts in 1880’S, then live touring shows until 1904. Opened briefly in mid-1960’s and 1970’s. — Map (db m16625) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Schoolhouse
This 1860 frame schoolhouse stood near St Thomas' Church in Alexandria Township. It remained open until 1921. In 1974, the building was moved to the Clinton Historical Museum grounds. — Map (db m63101) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Tenant House
This 19th century two family dwelling housed Mulligan employees and families. The house had no plumbing, water or electricity. Window panes often cracked and broke from dynamite blasting in the quarry. Laundry drying outside was soiled from quarry dust and grit. — Map (db m63102) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — The Great Clinton Fire
Commemorating the Great Clinton Fire October 30, 1891 100 Year Anniversary — Map (db m57643) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton — Town of Clinton, New Jersey
Once Hunts Mills. Site of saw, grist and oil mills. Re-named Clinton in 1828 honouring Governor DeWitt Clinton, sponsor of the Erie Canal. Incorporated 1865. — Map (db m16629) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clinton Township — Camp Buck
Boy scout camp 1938-1974. Named for Samuel Buck (1874-1937), first High Bridge Troop 149 Scoutmaster & V.P. of Taylor-Wharton Iron & Steel Co. — Map (db m55268) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Clover Hill, Raritan Township — The Province LineWelcome to the Province of West Jersey
In 1688, George Keith, Surveyor General, established The Boundary of East and West Jersey. Beginning at Little Egg Harbor, The line extended to the South Branch of the Raritan River. Today it remains the boundary between Raritan Township and Hillsborough, Hunterdon and Somerset Counties. — Map (db m31957) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Cokesbury — Cokesbury Methodist Episcopal Church
A pure example of Greek Revival architecture, erected in 1851. Seven other early churches in nearby counties use this basic design. — Map (db m16672) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Copper Hill — Copper Mines
By 1816 copper ore was found here, and north towards Flemington. The mining craze lasted through 1865. It was never profitable, but gave Copper Hill its name. — Map (db m60787) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Croton — Dr. James Pyatt1784 - 1864
Dr. James Pyatt (1784-1864) operated the Upper Boars Head Tavern on this site from 1805-1839. He farmed extensive holdings in the area and practised medicine as well as making the rounds of his patients on horseback. His son, King, kept the tavern until 1842. He later perished in a fire which consumed the structure October 5, 1895. — Map (db m20167) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Delaware Township — Revolutionary War Encampments
Oct 6-7, 1777 New England Regiments camped nearby en route to reinforce Washington's Army near Philadelphia.

June 20-23, 1778 The 12,000 man Continental Army camped in this area above Alexauken Creek prior to the Battle of Monmouth. — Map (db m74723) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), East Amwell — Upper Argillite Alley
Lenape Tribes used the abundant Hunterdon mineral for arrowheads and tools. One of their trade routes, later the Easton-Trenton Road, ran southwards toward Sanhican (Trenton). — Map (db m59401) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Everittstown — Everittstown
Originally called Everitts Mill, the village once comprised of a mill, post office, schoolhouse, tavern, blacksmiths shop, tailor shop, two storehouses, and approximately 25 dwellings situated on the Nishisakawick Creek. Founded in 1759. — Map (db m55266) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Everittstown — Everittstown
Known as Everitts Mills by 1759, then Everittstown by 1816. A post office served the town from 1848 until 1912, also a blacksmith shop, stores, a tailor, the grist and oil mill, plus the old tavern. — Map (db m71544) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Fairmount — 19th Century Lime Kiln
Here farmers burned limestone which was crushed into powder and spread on fields to "sweeten the soil." — Map (db m16589) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Fairmount — Fairmount Presbyterian Church
Founded in 1727, the congregation was originally German Reformed. First a log building. A series of larger structures followed. Present building erected in 1851 and remodeled in 1902. — Map (db m16933) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Adam Bellis Homestead
Bellis built a log cabin on the bluff above river ca. 1740 among Indian camps. Parts of the present house date from late 1700s. — Map (db m31958) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Bonetown
A neighborhood south of Croton. Got its name through legend of a chicken stealing family that lived there. When forced to move "Great" piles of chicken bones remained at this site. — Map (db m22487) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Buchanan's Tavern
Owned by John Buchanan from 1774 to 1813. From 1813 to 1846, the second Buchanan's Tavern was operated across the road. It was known as Trout's Tavern until it closed around 1855. — Map (db m73841) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Civil WarMajor Lambert Boeman
Major Lambert Boeman of the 15th NJ Infantry is buried here just to the east. He was killed at Cedar Creek, VA in October of 1864 while in command of the 10th NJ. — Map (db m72696) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Copper Ore
Found here and south towards the area of Copper Hill as early as 1816. Mining craze lasted 50 years, but limited amounts of ore never allowed commercial success. — Map (db m33205) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Fleming Castlea.k.a. Samuel Fleming House
The first house in the village, built by Samuel Fleming 1756. This tablet is erected by Colonel Lowrey Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, May 28, 1906. — Map (db m33207) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Flemington Egg Auction
The country’s first, and, at one time, the largest, cooperative egg auction. Operated here from 1932 until the death of the egg business in the 1960s. — Map (db m16682) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Flemington Fairgrounds
Site of the County's second longest continuously operated agricultural fair from 1865 until moved in 2001 to county property below Ringoes. Also the site of the renowned 5/8 mile oval Flemington Speedway 1910-2002. — Map (db m62382) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Flemington Public Library
Original portion of the building erected with the generous bequest made January 6, 1906 by Dr. William H. Bartles. Land for the building donated by a devoted friend of the library, Hiram E. Deats. Library building enlarged in 1939. — Map (db m19525) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Flemington Raid
Near here British cavalry were routed by Capt. John Schenck's militia Dec. 1776. British Geary was killed and buried on field. — Map (db m60784) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Flemington Railroad Company
Opened 1854. First of town’s three lines connected to the Bel-Del at Lambertville. Station house c1858. — Map (db m16688) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Fulper Pottery Factory #1
The Hill Pottery Company, founded by Samuel Hill, began manufacturing earthenware products at this site in 1814. By 1860, the company had been purchased by Abram Fulper and became known as Fulper Pottery. On September 19, 1929, a fire of electrical origin destroyed Fulper Pottery Company's Factory #1. Pottery manufacturing was not resumed at this location, but was continued at Factory #2 on Mine St. in Flemington and Factory #3 in Trenton. — Map (db m19524) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Hunterdon County Holocaust Memorial
Remember The 6,000,000 who perished during the Nazi Holocaust 1934-1945 Bergen-Belsen Buchenwald Treblinka Majdanek Chelmno Belzec Dachau Sobibor Auschwitz Mauthausen Stutthoff — Map (db m19528) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Kase Homestead
Johann Kase purchased land from Penn family 1738. Built a log cabin with help of Chief Tuccamigan’s tribe. Stone mansion house built ca. 1798. — Map (db m16690) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Law Office
Samuel Southard, U.S. Senator, N.J. Governor, & Sec. of Navy, erected this building in 1811. Office of Gov. Vroom, 1817-1819 & Alexander Wurts, 1820-1881. Redesigned in the Greek Revival style by Mahlon Fisher in 1840. — Map (db m30950) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Lehigh Valley Railroad
In 1884 a shuttle line opened from this station out to the mainline. Passengers travelled via “The Dinkie.” — Map (db m16684) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Log Cabin & Ground Hog KilnHistoric Flemington
James Teague, of North Carolina's Teague family of potters, hand threw Stangl's stoneware pottery here from Spring of 1941 until shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor & America's entry into World War II in late December of the same year. During demonstrations, Teague would sometimes don a blindfold & throw perfectly made bowls, lamps, plates, vases & other exquisitely crafted pieces of Stangl stoneware. The log cabin was open again during the summers of 1965-71, with Ann Fritsche Martin . . . — Map (db m63556) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Oak Grove SchoolSchool #10
This was the original site of an 1802 Log Schoolhouse. The current structure was built in 1854, and served Raritan Township as a One-Room Schoolhouse until 1949. Used as an office for The Flemington Fair and Carnival Association. — Map (db m30949) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Old York Road
Early Lenape Indian trail; became a "Kings Highway" in 1764. Was main stage route between Philadelphia and New York. — Map (db m62457) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Purple Heart MemorialCombat Veterans Wounded
Dedicated to all men and women wounded in all our wars. My stone is red for the blood they shed. The medal I bear is my country’s way to show they care. If I could be seen by all mankind maybe peace will come in my lifetime. Map (db m20037) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Raritan Township Firemen's MonumentJohn Lesanics Memorial 1927-1974
In tribute to these Raritan Twp. Firemen who have served and to those who have made the supreme sacrifice. Dedicated 1975 — Map (db m19192) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Reading Home
Built in 1760 for John Reading, Governor of New Jersey 1757 - 1758. Reading served 40 years on provincial council. — Map (db m17248) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Samuel Hill House
Home to Samuel Hill, who in 1814, with two partners, founded Hill Pottery, which operated at the corner of Main & Mine Streets in Flemington. Hill Pottery was purchased in 1858 by a nephew, Abram Fulper, who then changed the name to Fulper Pottery. In 1955, some thirty years after Martin Stangl had purchased Fulper Pottery, the name was changed one final time to Stangl Pottery. — Map (db m42134) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Soldiers MonumentFlemington Veterans Memorial
Flemington's Grateful Tribute to the Self-Sacrifing Valor of Her Local Sons Who Went to Defend Our Country's Flag 1861-1865 Gettysburg Hampton Roads Appomattox Brandy Station — Map (db m18007) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — South Branch Historic District
The site of homesteads settled early in the 1700's — Map (db m17247) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — South Branch Historic District
The site of homesteads settled early in the 1700's — Map (db m17353) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — South Branch Of Central R.R.
In 1864 provided Flemington’s second rail line. Passenger station erected here. A turntable to the west reversed the locomotives. — Map (db m16687) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Stangl Pottery Outlet & Showroom
This building Served as Fulper Pottery Company's factory #2 from 1924 until 1935. The three large kilns in this building are the last known commercial pottery kilns of this type in the State of New Jersey. In 1935 all manufacturing was transferred to factory #3 in Trenton and this building was utilized as a factory outlet and showroom. Stangl's Flemington outlet was renowned for dinnerware bargains of first and second quality. Notable celebrities frequenting this shop during the 1930s, 1940s, . . . — Map (db m16831) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Tuccamirgan Park
Lenape Chief Tuccamirgan helped early settler John Kase (Case) and his family survive the wilderness. Their respect for each other and the earth inspires all who walk here. — Map (db m33208) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Uplands
The former estate of Judge George K. Large, who willed it to the public in 1963. The buildings are gone, but the land is now a park and Green Acres area. — Map (db m21263) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Flemington — Vietnam War Dogs MemorialIn Memory Of Vietnam War Dogs and Their Handlers
[On Left Side of Marker:] The Soldier Dog I was trained to use my eyes to watch and protect you from harm. My ears to alert you of impending danger like an alarm. My keen sense of smell to detect an enemy close at bay. Yes I was a soldier who gave my life so you could fight another day. So remember me as time goes by This soldier dog so true. For I had only one life to give and I gave that life to you. Author Joe Ferrar Jan. 11, . . . — Map (db m19186) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Franklin Township — August Wilhelm Knispel
For over 40 years August Knispel, lifelong Franklin resident and farmer, served the Township, Hunterdon County and his dairy profession in positions of leadership. From 1964-97, he sat on Franklin's Township Committee and was Mayor eleven times. In 2002 he became Franklin's only resident inducted into the New Jersey Elected Officials Hall of Fame. An imaginative, fair and courteous leader, August focused on protecting Franklin's soils and water quality and on keeping the community rural and . . . — Map (db m19537) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — Frenchtown
Top Town takes its name from the many French families that followed Paul Henri Mallet-Prevost, a Swiss refugee from the French Revolution who moved here in 1794. Bottom Called "Sunbeam" in 1759. Later Sherrard's Ferry. Present name for Prevost family, refugees from the French Revolution. — Map (db m17079) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — Frenchtown Methodist Episcopal Church
Congregation was formed in 1832 and met in a room on Bridge Street. This church erected in 1844 and enlarged in 1861. — Map (db m16651) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — Frenchtown Railroad
The Belvidere-Delaware Railroad c.1853. Later leased to the Penn R. R. System, the line allowed transit of Lehigh & Hudson R. R. passenger trains. — Map (db m16648) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — Frenchtown Veterans Monument
To honor those who fought to preserve our freedoms, the Citizens of Frenchtown dedicate these memorials to our valiant dead. Let us also dedicate them to the living ... and to the promise of the future. — Map (db m19570) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — Frenchtown World War 1 MonumentSpirit of the American Doughboy
This tablet is erected as a tribute to the men of Frenchtown who served on the Great World War. 1917-1918 — Map (db m16650) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — Gem Building
Here, in 1755, stood the first store in Frenchtown, then known as Alexandriaville. In 1869, this building and the house to the left were built in the Italianate style for the merchant Oliver Worman. After Worman failed, in 1877, Hugh Warford bought the property. He sold it in 1877 to George and Danial Britton who operated here the largest and best stocked department store in Hunterdon County. (look for the faded remnant of "Britton Bros." painted sign under "Miller's 5 and 10" on the side of . . . — Map (db m63106) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — Lower Agrillite Alley
Lenape tribes used this abundant Hunterdon mineral for spearpoints and tools. One of their trade routes followed the River Road (now Rte. 29) southwards toward Sanhican (Trenton). — Map (db m46193) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Frenchtown — The Convention Army
In 1778 the Continental Congress moved 4,916 British and German troops captured at Saratoga, south from Boston along today's Route 513, crossing the Delaware at Sherrard's Ferry (Frenchtown). Many escaped along the way but 3,600 reached Virginia, to be held there until the war ended. — Map (db m46194) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Bog Meadows
One of the last remaining "Quaking Bogs" in New Jersey. Put under Bethlehem Twp. protection in 1977. — Map (db m16640) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Forge Masters Dwelling
Only remaining building at Union Forge. Before 1720. Union Township Historic Site. — Map (db m18699) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Fountain Grove Cemetery
Organized in 1865 by the two leading families of Glen Gardner - the Gardners and the Hunts. Land donated by Dr. A. A. Hunt. — Map (db m16666) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Glen Gardner
Originally known as Eveland's Tavern, the community of Glen Gardner was established in the early to mid 1700's. Early settlement relied heavily upon Spruce Run to power mills and the surrounding mountainside to mine ore. The addition of the Central Railroad through Spruce Run Valley in 1852 brought an increase in population and commercial activity. In 1871, the town was renamed Glen Gardner to honor the Gardner brothers who brought an economic boom to the area with the development of their frame and perforated seat company. — Map (db m16667) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Glen Gardner(Incorp. 1919)
Named In 1871 For Chair Factory Family Eveland’s Tavern In 1760, It Was Later Known As Sodom, And In 1820, Clarksville, After A Local Merchant. — Map (db m17409) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Hunt Houses
Hunt Family Was Major Benefactor To Glen Gardner. House Owned By Dr. A. A. Hunt In Late 1700's. House Across Street Built By His Son, Dr. T. E. Hunt, In 1853. — Map (db m17410) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Grandin — Bethlehem Presbyterian Church“Grandin Church”
Present building was dedicated in 1871. Three structures preceded it on the site; erected in 1730, 1760, and 1830. Many Continental Army soldiers buried here. — Map (db m16630) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Grandin — Milky Way Farm
Original Farm 1763. Stone dwelling built by H. Huffman 1854. — Map (db m16632) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — Colonel Charles Stewart House
Colonel Charles Stewart was George Washington's Commissary-General of Issues. The house was built in 1763. — Map (db m16586) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — General Stewart Mansion
The original 1763 home was here. Commissary-General Charles Stewart feted officers of the Continental Army. House replaced c. 1800 by the imposing stone residence across the road. — Map (db m71560) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — Lehigh Valley Railroad Three Story Station House
Located just south, serviced short shuttle runs north into Clinton and south into Pittstown. Building dismantled before WWII. — Map (db m16674) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — Smokehouse
c. 1789 Use to cure meat and fish — Map (db m16587) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hampton — Hampton
The meeting place of the NJ Central and DL & W RRs, earlier known as Junction. Extensive RR shops and a huge coal storage yard were sited here. — Map (db m21189) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hampton — Hampton (Incorp. Since 1895)
Known for years before 1909 as junction. Central RR of NJ & DL&W railroads met here. Site of extensive machine shops and a huge coal storage facility set up to get nearer the city areas to the east. — Map (db m16702) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hampton — Musconetcong Valley Presbyterian Church
Congregation organized in 1836 in a New Hampton schoolhouse. Tent services held here until the building was completed in 1837. — Map (db m16610) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hampton — Sister Mary Miranda C.S.S.F.
This plaque is a memorial to Sister Mary Miranda C.S.S.F. of the Province of Felician Sisters of Lodi, New Jersey, who came to this Holy Mount to establish a house of prayer for the Fatima Apostolate and to whom is due much of the credit for the Holy House Convent, Stations of the Cross, Rosary Garden and the Shrine of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. — Map (db m57660) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hampton — St. Ann’s Catholic Church
Congregation formed in 1859. Met in a house on John Street until this church was erected in 1867. — Map (db m16703) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hampton — The Lenape Village of Pelouesse
A Lenape village called Pelouesse was identified in 1715 across the Musconetcong River from Hampton, New Jersey. The name of the village, Pelouesse, as pronounced by the colonial Americans, derived from the Lenape words yapei, meaning "on the stream bank" and lusasu, meaning "it has been burned". The words referred to the nearly 15 acres of burned clearing that were used by the Lenape as a plantation. Corn, beans, and squash were planted in the fertile well-drained soil. The village was located . . . — Map (db m44337) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hampton — Veterans Park
Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices. President Harry S. Truman Map (db m17921) WM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — C.K. Hoffman Veterans Memorial Park
Honoring all U.S. Veterans including those residents of High Bridge that served and those who died for their country. — Map (db m21805) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — High Bridge
Home of Union Forge, maker of early farm equipment, cannonballs for Continential Army. Factory, later known as Taylor Wharton ceased operations in 1971. — Map (db m5039) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — High Bridge and the RailroadThe High Bridge Branch of the Central Jersey Railroad of New Jersey — Taylor Steelworkers Historical Greenway
Columbia Trail – A 7-mile Hunterdon County Greenway, from the Borough of High Bridge, north to the Morris County line. Opened in July of 1876, the High Bridge Branch was a busy railroad owned by the Central Railroad Company of New Jersey. It was built to bring iron ore from the mines in Chester, Hacklebarney, Mine Hill, Port Oram (Wharton) and Hibernia to the Taylor Iron Works (later Taylor-Wharton Iron & Steel Company) in High Bridge and to the foundries and steel mills along the . . . — Map (db m36999) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — High Bridge Company 1268 / Civilian Conservation CorpsVoorhees State Park
[Main Marker]: On October 31, 1933, CCC Company 1268, S.P.-5, arrived at High Bridge, N.J., four years after former Governor Foster M. Voorhees donated his 325 acre farm, known as Hills Acres, to the State of New Jersey to become a park. Called Voorhees State Park, CCC enrollees developed, under the watchful eye of Alan Blackburn (Project Superintendent), and James Ashey (Park Superintendent), two separate parcels of land called Hoppock Grove and Hills Acres, as well as Hacklebarney . . . — Map (db m16930) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Lake Solitude and Taylor FallsTayor Steelworkers Historic Greenway — A 7 Mile Greenway Trail Through the Borough of High Bridge Historic Properties
The Union Forge Heritage Association welcomes you to Lake Solitude and Taylor Falls With the depletion of natural resources that provided energy to power the adjacent Iron Works, Lake Solitude was constructed by the Taylor Iron and Steel Company in 1858 to provide hydro-electric power for the works. Lake Solitude is approximately 20 acres in size, and is on the South Branch of the Raritan River. The 500 foot long earthen portion of the dam structure is a gravity dam and had been . . . — Map (db m37041) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Old Iron Mines
In use from C. 1730 - 1889 Supplied ore for Solitude (Union) Forge Ore made into cannonballs for use of Revolutionary Army Owned by: William Allen and Joseph Turner 1742 - 1778 Robert Taylor and Family 1778 - 1863 Thomas Iron Company 1863-1872 Taylor Iron Works 1872-1889 — Map (db m5044) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Railroad Bridge and Arches
Constructed 1859-1865 for the Central Railroad of New Jersey, this 112 foot earthen embankment double arch culvert supports the original bridge from which the Borough of High Bridge is named. — Map (db m5040) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Solitude
Patriots imprisoned loyalist Pennsylvania Governor John Penn and Crown Supreme Court Justice Benjamin Chew here during the Revolutionary War. They named the place “Solitude.” — Map (db m73998) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Solitude HouseTaylor Steelworkers Historic Greenway
The Union Forge Heritage Association welcomes you to Solitude House

Solitude House started life as a classic Germanic style stone home in 1712 and was part of a 10,000 acre parcel of land that came to be part of the Union Iron Works. The adjacent stone annex structure, slaves' quarters and vegetable cave were all part of the original Solitude structures that remain to this day. The homes earliest existence predates the arrival of the Union Iron Works and the establishment of High . . . — Map (db m37036) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Springside Farm
The Union Forge Heritage Association welcomes you to Springside Farm

The 90 acre Springside Farm tract was originally owned and operated by Archibald Taylor, son of Robert Taylor who immigrated from Ireland in the 1750's. Beginning with Robert, the Taylor family came to manage the nearby iron works and live at Solitude House for five generations. It is recorded that Archibald built a home and carriage house on the "Old Road", now known as Nassau Road for his family in 1803. The farmstead . . . — Map (db m37106) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — St. Joseph Parish
St. Joseph Parish was formally established in 1880. Previously, the predominantly Irish immigrant congregation was part of St. Ann Church in Junction (now Hampton) and worshiped in a building on Church Street. St. Joseph Church has occupied this site since 1879. The upper cornerstone marks the 1898 date when the building was rebuilt following a fire that destroyed the original building and many other structures in High Bridge. The lower cornerstone engraved with a Celtic Cross and the legend . . . — Map (db m57162) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — T.I.S.C.O. Complex
Taylor Iron & Steel Company Was the center of the original 1742 Union Iron Works. Late 1800's push to rename High Bridge to "Tisco" failed. — Map (db m36997) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Taylor Iron and Steel Company
1742–1971 Taylor Wharton formed 1914. Site of car wheel foundry machine shop pattern shop Operated 1853–1935 First YMCA - 1914 — Map (db m5043) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Taylor Steelworkers Historic Greenway
Welsome to the Taylor Steelworkers Historic Greenway

Created by the Union Forge Heritage Association in 2010, the Greenway Trail traverses several of the most historically significant properties in the Borough of High Bridge and the State of New Jersey. The trail is dedicated to the memory of the working men and women of the Union Iron Works and thew Taylor Wharton Iron and Steel Company. Founded in 1742, the iron works is the oldest foundry in the history of the United States. This trail . . . — Map (db m37104) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Taylor Wharton Iron and Steel Company
Taylor Wharton Iron and Steel Company 1742-1971 Standing together we have withstood the test of time Oldest Iron and Steel Company in the United States First Manganese Steel in the United States TISCO Shells Armaments for All Wars Machinery for Construction of the Panama Canal — Map (db m15015) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — The American Hotel
Founded in the 1740's, this landmark served as the town's inn and public meeting place for over 230 years until razed in 1979. — Map (db m30633) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — The Gorge Bridge Train WreckThe High Bridge Branch of the Central Railroad of New Jersey
The most memorable train wreck in the history of the High Bridge Branch occurred on the morning of Saturday, April 18, 1885 when the central and southern spans of the 250' long Gorge Bridge (now called the Ken Lockwood Gorge Bridge) collapsed as a heavily laden iron ore train drawn by a powerful Baldwin 4-6-0 locomotive (#112) named Columbia, just started to cross the southern span of the wooden Howe Truss bridge. The 46 car train was coming from the iron mines in Chester, Port Oram . . . — Map (db m21806) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — The TISCO ComplexTaylor Steelworkers Historical Greenway — A 7 Mile Greenway Trail Through the Borough of High Bridge Historic Properties
The Union Forge Heritage Association welcomes you to the TISCO Complex

The 28.3 acre TISCO Complex was once part of a 10,000 acre parcel of land owned by wealthy Philadelphia Investors William Allen and Joseph Turner who founded the Union Iron Works here in 1742. The Iron Works produced farm implements, tools and cannon balls for Washington's Army during Colonial times. In the recent past, this property and structures were once part of the Taylor Wharton Iron and Steel Company, which is . . . — Map (db m37048) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Union ForgeTaylor Steelworkers Historical Greenway — A 7 Mile Greenway Trail Through the Borough of High Bridge Historic Properties
The Union Forge Heritage Association welcomes you to Union Forge Union Iron Works was founded by William Allen, a Supreme Court justice in Philadelphia, and Joseph Turner, a sea Captain in 1742, as a business venture. Allen and Turner purchased this Bloomery forge as part of 10,849 acres, as an essential part of Union Iron Works for the manufacture of iron. In the beginning, Indians regularly raided Union Forge taking supplies for their families. This required the families . . . — Map (db m37043) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Union Forge BridgeTaylor Steelworkers Historic Greenway
Constructed in 1890, this Carnegie Steel bridge served the Taylor Iron and Steel Company for 85 years. Restored by Union Forge Heritage Association and volunteers, this bridge was dedicated on July 17, 2010 as part of the Taylor Steelworkers Historic Greenway. Made possible through donations from Custom Alloy Corporation, Fox Lumber, Michael Helbing ,Shelly Janes, Matthew Davis ,Kyle Zalinsky ,Marek Borowski, The Gronsky Family, The Honachefsky Family — Map (db m68802) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Union Furnace
Est. 1742. Furnace produced iron ore for the Continental Army, cannon balls, farm implements. Forgemaster's house is stucco building on slope. — Map (db m4915) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Voorhees State Park
Foster M. Voorhees, born in Clinton in 1856, served as the 37th & 39th governor of NJ from 1898 to 1902. After his death in 1927, his farm here became Voorhees Park — Map (db m71406) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), High Bridge — Welcome to the Twp. of Lebanon
Settled in the 18th Century as an agricultural community. Est. 1731, inc. 1798. 1798 Bicentenial 1998 — Map (db m16928) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Holland Township — Amsterdam Historic District
Circa 1750. Settled by pioneer tenant farmers, Amsterdam developed by the mid-1800's into a hamlet featuring a general store, blacksmithy & shoe makers shop. — Map (db m57591) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Holland Township — Holland Township Veterans Monument
We gratefully acknowledge the service of our past, present and future veterans. — Map (db m19571) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Holland Township — Volendam Windmill
Authentic replica of wind-driven mill used for grinding grain into flour. — Map (db m16752) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Kingtown — King's Manor
Tenant Houses and Mill. Stone Dwelling before 1742. — Map (db m16633) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Kingwood — Kingwood Methodist Episcopal Church
Founded 1816, the first Methodist Church in Hunterdon County. Building erected in 1860. Steeple removed in 1878 after a severe storm — Map (db m17583) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Kingwood — Kingwood Tavern
A log tavern on this site ca. 1764 offered shelter to travellers on the King’s Hwy. Later tavern ca. 1790 known for years as Johnson’s. — Map (db m16829) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Kingwood Township — Kingwood Township Veterans Monument
To honor our Veterans and those who have served our country protecting our rights and keeping us free. — Map (db m21469) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Klinesville — Klinesville Historic District
Named after Miller Kline who operated a Dry Goods store, Post Office, and Tavern. Tavern House dates to the mid-18th century. A place of considerable business, area was then known as Mount Carmel. — Map (db m16681) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Centenary Methodist Church
Designed by noted Philadelphia architect Edwin Forrest Durand, the church was built in 1865 by Cornelius Arnett. An 1895 renovation added the rounded arch entrance as well as second level stained glass windows. The church contributes to the significance of the Lambertville Historic District as an example of Romanesque Revival architecture. Name changed to Centenary United Methodist Church in 1968 as part of a denominational merger. — Map (db m47735) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — George Coryell’s Grave
Revolutionary War Lieutenant, and pallbearer of George Washington is buried here, along with Sam Holcombe, one of Gen. Washington's spies. — Map (db m16861) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Goat Hill Overlook
Used during the Revolutionary War by both Gen. George Washington and British Gen. Charles Cornwallis to view opposing activity up & down the river. This local promontory has long since been known as Washington's Rock. — Map (db m62383) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Holcombe House
First section built about 1733. Washington stayed here, July, 1777, and June 1778, prior to battles of Germantown and Monmouth. — Map (db m62002) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Lambertville
Earlier known as Coates' Ferry, then Coryell's Ferry. The Lambert family settled here circa 1735, and gave the town its current name. — Map (db m16860) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Lambertville
1726, Coates' Ferry; 1733, Coryell's Ferry. Used by Washington, who stayed here three times. First bridge and new name, 1812. — Map (db m17081) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Lambertville City Hall
Built in 1870 and occupied by the Holcombe family until 1922, the A.H. Holcombe House was purchased by the city of Lambertville in 1950 to serve as City Hall. It is one of the earliest and best examples of the French Second Empire style in Lambertville and was listed as part of the Lambertville Historic District on the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places in 1983. Funding of the rehabilitation of City Hall for the City of Lambertville has been made possible in part by the Garden . . . — Map (db m63104) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Lambertville Music Circus
From 1949 Until 1971 Many Famous Film And Stage Stars Got Their Start In One Of The Country’s First Tent Theaters Located First In Lambertville And Then Here In West Amwell. — Map (db m17082) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Lambertville Railroad
The Belvidere-Delaware Railroad c.1851. Later leased to the Penn R.R. System, the line allowed transit of Lehigh & Hudson R.R. passenger trains. — Map (db m16857) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Lambertville Railroad Shops
The Bel-Del Railroad shops stood between the station and the river. Along with repairing trains, the shops built locomotives between 1864 and 1872. — Map (db m16855) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Marshall House
From about 1817 to 1834, home of James Wilson Marshall, who discovered gold at Sutter's Mill in California in 1848. — Map (db m56757) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — Mary E. Sheridan Park
Park, formerly called York Street Park, was re-named for longtime Lambertville City Clerk (1948-1982) and Mayor (1983-1988). Park was established in 1900 when Civil War Monument, dedicated in 1870 was moved from Mount Hope Cemetery to this location. Inscribed on the marble obelisk are names of 55 local Union soldiers who lost their lives, and significant battles in which local men participated. The 8 inch cannon was converted from an 11 inch cannon during the early part of the war and saw . . . — Map (db m16858) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — PFC. Charles L. Danberry
In memory of PFC Charles L. Danberry who gave his life in service for his country serving in the U.S.M.C. in Vietnam. — Map (db m18265) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lambertville — The Continental Army
Washington's army left Valley Forge in 1777 and moved northeast. They crossed the Delaware at Coryell's Ferry (Lambertville), remained for two days, then marched along today's Rte.518 on their way to the Battle of Monmouth on June 28th. — Map (db m49216) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon — Bluebirds, On The Road To Recovery
Where did they go? Bluebirds were once common throughout the United States. However, over the last century their population has diminished due to loss of their natural habitat, overuse of pesticides and predators. Compounding the problem is competition from two non-native species, the House Sparrow and European Starling. These invasive species tend to be very aggressive and drive the Bluebird from its preferred nesting locations. Beneficial Bluebirds Bluebirds are small . . . — Map (db m22511) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon — Lebanon
Originally named “Jacksonville” after Andrew Jackson. Major stop on Easton-New Brunswick Turnpike from 1806. Town set off from Clinton Township in 1926. — Map (db m16769) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon — Lebanon Reformed Church
Congregation formed in 1747. This building erected in 1854, preceded by a log structure, a frame building, and a brick church. — Map (db m16768) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon — Lebanon Reformed Church CemeteryCirca 1760
The German Rockaway now Lebanon Reformed Dutch Reformed Church was established in the area of Lebanon & Pottersville between 1731 - 1747. The exact date & location unknown. Three buildings have stood upon this site, the first of which was a log church built approximately 1780. The second was of frame - 1790. In 1793 the graveyard wall was built, the third building erected on this site was constructed of brick in 1817. Within the cemetery the oldest recorded tombstone dates to . . . — Map (db m26480) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon — Lebanon Veterans Memorial
In memory and appreciation of our men and women who served and sacrificed defending America's Freedom. — Map (db m57875) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon — Mountainview Youth Correctional Facility
Established in 1929, the facility promoted the farm school ideas of communal living and outdoor health. Like similar institutions of the era and in keeping with the ideals of juvenile reform, the facility originally had no fences to disrupt the campus-like setting, and inmates were housed communally in stone cottages rather than in individual prison cells. The thirteen original buildings, including the eight residence halls, the administrative building, the kitchen/dining hall facility, the . . . — Map (db m40681) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon — Mountainview Youth Correctional Facility
In 1913, the State of New Jersey acquired 747 acres to establish a farm colony to treat the mentally ill. During World War I, inmates from the reformatory at Rahway farmed the property to provide emergency food supplies for the war effort. After the war, the property was used for various purposes, including a labor camp during construction of State Highway 28. Construction of the Mountainview Youth Correctional Facility began in 1926 and the juvenile facility, originally named "Annandale Farms" . . . — Map (db m40766) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Lebanon Township — Site of Mount Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church and Cemetery
Post Marker: Known as Old Swack Church Erected 1844 Builder Jacob Swackhammer In use until 1896 Small marker on concrete post: Mount Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church (Commonly known as the Swack Church) Built in 1844 - In use until about 1900 Plaque prepared by Watchung Area Council, B. S. A. — Map (db m17392) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Linvale — Linvale Methodist Episcopal Church
Congregation formed in 1844. Church built in 1858. Hamlet was then called New Market. — Map (db m59984) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Linvale — New Market Historic District
Encompasses the 18th Century Hamlets of Linvale & Snydertown. Placed on the New Jersey & National Register of Historic Places in 1997. — Map (db m17085) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Little York — Little York
Late 1800's had 3 churches, 2 stores, 2 mills, tavern, blacksmith & wheelwright shop. Located on branch of Wissahawken (Hakihokake) creek. — Map (db m30355) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Locktown — Locktown Baptist Church
Congregation organized in 1742 in Baptistown. A log cabin & a later frame church preceded this 1819 building. — Map (db m16590) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Locktown — Old School Baptist Church1819
The Locktown Stone Church was built in 1819 by the Kingwood Baptists, placed on the National Register in 1973, purchased in 1979 by Donald B. Jones and donated to Delaware Township, and restored in 1995 by the Friends of the Locktown Church, Inc. — Map (db m18998) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Milford — Milford
Grist mill and several houses here in mid 1700's. Known as Burnt Mills after fire in 1769. Ferry to Pennsylvania here until 1842 when a bridge was built. — Map (db m16646) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Milford — Milford Railroad
The Belvidere-Delaware Railroad c.1853. Later leased to the Penn R.R. System, the line allowed transit of Lehigh & Hudson R.R. passenger trains. — Map (db m16750) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Milford — Milford World War I Veterans Monument1914 World War 1918
These brave men of the Borough of Milford N.J. answered the call of their country during the World War. Jake Bazanka • Russell Bunn • Pierre Drewson • Morris Geddis • George Haney • Karl Holden • Cyril Javes • Harold Javes • Albert Kitchen • Raymond Kitchen • Harry McCollick • William McCollick • Adam Muchias • Edward Osmun • Paul H. Quick • Lewis Rabbe • Lester R. Sinclair • Stanley Spoor • W. Harol Slater • William K. Smith • Garret Templeton • . . . — Map (db m44267) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Mount Airy — Mount Airy
Village Grew Up Around Holcombe’s Storehouse. Built In 1743. Patriot Army Passed Here June 1778. — Map (db m17083) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Mount Pleasant — Alexandria Presbyterian Church
Congregation was formed c1752. Original log structure replaced in 1802. Present Greek Revival Church built in 1843. — Map (db m16636) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Mount Pleasant — Mount Pleasant
Settled by English and Germans in 18th century. Village grew up around two mill sites, tavern and church. — Map (db m16637) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Mount Pleasant — Mount Pleasant General Store
This property, comprising the Mount Pleasant General Store and a smokehouse at the rear, is on the National and State Registers. The smokehouse was constructed in the early 1830's, and the store was erected around 1840. Both were built by the Warne family, owners of the mill across Rick Road. With increased trade after the Delaware Canal opened in 1832, the smokehouse was used to process meat for sale to downriver markets. The General Store - with its Greek Revival facade resembling a 4th . . . — Map (db m37110) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Mountainville — Mountainville Post
Established in 1880 by the Farley family, the Post stayed in the family for 100 years. It has served as Post Office, General Store and focal point for the Village of Mountainville. — Map (db m16670) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Mt. Joy — Mt. Joy
Two early saw mills located here. Village served by Belvidere and Delaware Railroad until its demise. — Map (db m16748) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), New Hampton — Dusenbery Mansion HouseCirca 1792
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m55826) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), New Hampton — General Daniel MorganHero of the Battles of Saratoga and Cowpens
Daniel Morgan was born in New Hampton, Hunterdon County in 1736. Like other residents on the New Jersey frontier, Morgan's father worked for the Union Iron Furnace. Uneducated, Morgan left home in 1751 and worked as a wagoner in Pittstown, NJ. He migrated to Virginia at 17 and became a wagoner for the British Army in the French and Indian War in 1756. Flogged for striking a British officer, he lost all love for the British Army. When the Revolutionary War started in 1775, Morgan accepted a . . . — Map (db m68830) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), New Hampton — Major General Daniel MorganCommander of the Famed Morgan Rifle Corps
Born in this Village of New Hampton, Lebanon Township, NJ in 1736. Died in Winchester, VA July 6, 1802. Military Service French and Indian War Revolutionary War Battle of Quebec, Canada Captured 1775 Distinguished himself in the Battle of Saratoga, NY 1777 Victor at the Battle of Cowpens, SC 1781 — Map (db m17920) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), New Hampton — New Hampton
Early taverns near the Musconetcong River Crossings served travelers between Trenton and the Oxford furnaces. Birthplace of Daniel Morgan, one of Washington’s Generals. — Map (db m16611) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Norton — Van Syckles Tavern
Est. 1763 Served Workers from Union Forge. David Reynolds Owner and Builder. Hanged in 1765 by the British for Counterfeiting — Map (db m4896) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oak Grove — Oak Grove
Settled in 1700'S. By 1873 only a gristmill, sawmill, post office and a few homes remained. Town named for oak forests surrounding it. — Map (db m16691) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oldwick — Col. John Taylor's Grist Mill
Site of Col. John Taylor's Grist Mill c.1760 — Map (db m16708) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oldwick — New Germantown
A German settlement in the 1740's. It's Lutheran church, 1751, served a large area. The village became Oldwick in 1918. — Map (db m16766) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oldwick — Site of Colonel John Mehelm House
George Washington stayed in this house while his troops camped between White House and New Bromley. House burned in mid 1960’s. — Map (db m16606) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oldwick — Taylor's Mill Historic District
English settler John Taylor established a gristmill c. 1760 approximately 0.7 miles downstream on Taylor's Mill Road. The mill supplied flour to American troops during the Revolutionary War and continued to operate into the early 20th century. This bridge, erected in 2006, replaces an iron truss span built by the American Bridge Company in 1901. The earlier bridge was part of the Taylor's Mill Historic District, whic includes the remaining mill ruins, miller's house, and millrace. — Map (db m20329) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oldwick — Village of Bissell
Formerly known as Apgar's Corners, this settlement was renamed in honor of the Asst. Post Master General of the United States, Wilson Bissell. — Map (db m20330) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oldwick — Zion Evangelical Lutheran ChurchCirca 1750
Altered in 1830 Addition in 1854 Chancel added in 1883 Presented by Penelope Van Princes Chapter, Oldwick, New Jersey — Map (db m46412) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Oldwick — Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
New Jersey's oldest Lutheran Congregation's first service was conducted on August 1, 1714, by the Reverend Justus Falkner, the first Protestant minister ordained in America. It was held in the home of Aree Van Guinee, a freed slave, who later contributed land for the first church and a glebe for the pastor.

Baltes Pickel, who also attended the first service, built the first church and contributed generously to construction of the current church in 1749.

The Reverend Henry . . . — Map (db m75926) HM

New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pattenburg — “Liver Eating” Johnson
John Garrison, later known as John Johnston, born here c. 1830. Killed many of the Crow Tribe, slayers of his Indian wife. Robert Redford movie “Jeremiah Johnson” popularized his life. — Map (db m75525) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pattenburg — Bellewood Park
From 1904 – 1916 the Lehigh Valley Railroad operated one of the largest amusement parks in the east on these hills. — Map (db m16813) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pattenburg — Bethlehem Baptist Church
Congregation sas formed in 1837. Church built same year on the Brunswick-Easton Turnpike (now Rt. 78). Abandoned in 1906. — Map (db m16609) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pattenburg — Hickory Corners
Hickory Tavern was a regular stop in the early 1700'S for coaches on The King’s Highway. — Map (db m16814) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pattenburg — Pattenburg United Methodist Church
Church was built in 1853 although worship services were conducted in local homes and barns from 1840. — Map (db m16751) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Penwell — Welcome To The Twp. Of Lebanon
Settled in the 18th century as an agricultural community. Est. 1731 Inc. 1798 1798 Bicentenial 1998 — Map (db m17408) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Perryville — David Reynolds Tavern/Joseph Van Syckel Residence
David Reynolds Tavern -- 1763 -- Joseph Van Syckel Residence -- 1839 -- Union Township Historic Site Map (db m19244) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Perryville — Perryville Tavern
[Newer, Blue Marker]: Built in 1813. Named in honor of Admiral Perry’s Lake Erie victory. Later called Brick Tavern. In 1969 moved from Rt. 78 site to this location. [Older, Red Marker]: Built, 1813, Named for Perry’s Lake Erie victory. Later Brick Tavern, it operated until about 1900, then became a residence. — Map (db m16614) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Century Inn
Commissioner General Moore Furman supervised bakery near here for George Washington’s troops. Later he built this stone inn in 1800. Building renovated in 2001. — Map (db m36349) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Linden Farms
Rockhill-Potts, Agans & Douglass families. Farmed since 1752. — Map (db m16635) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Mechlin's Tavern
Tavern lot purchased by J. Robeson in 1752 from the “Great Society.” Tavern and farm were in Mechlin’s family ownership from 1810 to 1934. — Map (db m36350) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Mount Salem ChurchCirca 1864
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m37111) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Oak Grove Grange #119Site of
Chartered June 30, 1896 Charter surrendered 1988 Original building built in 1898 on land owned by H.K. Wright. Grange founded for purpose of cooperative buying to lower costs for farmers. — Map (db m47943) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Rockhill Agricultural Historic District
Named for Rockhill family who lived here on 846 acres as early as 1731. Original stone arch bridge built c1867 by H. Johnson. Reconstructed 2013/ — Map (db m70021) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Rockhill Property
John Rockhill Hunterdon County's first physician 1743 — Map (db m32165) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Stone Mill
Built by Moore Furman, Deputy Quartermaster General of Washington’s army. — Map (db m16692) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Worthington Farm
Late 18th century home of John Worthington. Rear wing added 1820. — Map (db m17251) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown, Franklin Township — The Capoolong Creek TrailPittstown Branch of the Lehigh Valley Railroad
The Capoolong Creek Trail is on the former Pittstown 3.9 mile trail branch of the Lehigh Valley Railroad. This rail line connected Pittstown to the Lehigh Valley main line located at Landsdown. During the 1890s, this important rail line service supported local peach harvesting; delivering peaches to markets throughout the New York metropolitan area. In 1895 an insect blight destroyed the Hunterdon peach industry killing millions of tress over a few years time, and the peach industry moved to . . . — Map (db m33371) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Potterstown — Potterstown
Located at crossroads of the West Jersey Society’s boundary line and old Raritan Path. First German Lutheran Church in New Jersey was built here c. 1730. — Map (db m16767) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pottersville — Pottersville
Named for prominent Potter family, the village was known early as “Lamington Falls.” Three counties merge at the river, Hunterdon, Morris, Somerset. — Map (db m16915) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Quakertown — Franklin Township WWII Memorial1941 - 1945
In the glory of their youth we will remember them. Our dead shall not have died in vain. Orrin C. Boice • Frederick E. Dissler • Andrew J. Hodulik • Robert V. Leusenring • Porter C. Little Dedicated to our Veterans of World War II by the grateful citizens of Franklin Township — Map (db m19531) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Quakertown — Quaker Meeting House
Site acquired by Quakers in 1733. Present meeting house rebuilt with original stone in 1862. — Map (db m16678) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Quakertown — Quakertown Methodist Episcopal Church
Organized in 1835. First church was built on this site in 1840. This Queen Anne Style structure erected in 1878. — Map (db m36348) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Quakertown — Willis W. Vail1868 - 1951
Attended school at the site from which this school came. Graduate: Swarthmore College Civil Engineer Township Official Boy Scout Leader — Map (db m19530) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Raritan Township — Hardscrabble Hill
An ancient name for this hill on the old road to Frenchtown. It possibly got its name for the difficulty that horses had pulling a wagon to the top of the hill. It was also known as "Grays Hill". — Map (db m20381) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Raritan Township — Raritan Township 9-11 Memorial Clock
Dedicated on Memorial Day, 2003 in memory of Raritan Township Residents Alan Bondarenko Brian Hennessey R. Mark Rasweiler and all this who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks on our nation on September 11, 2001. — Map (db m20383) WM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Raritan Township — Raritan Township Vietnam VeteransPost 506
Dedicated to the Raritan Twp. Veterans of the Vietnam War. The best men sow freedom, peace and liberty, for in these the best of man is reaped. Those that gave the supreme sacrifice: Fred Zyck Sgt. U.S. Army Michael Baldwin Sgt. U.S. Army — Map (db m20382) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Raven Rock — Delaware & Raritan CanalMay They Rest In Peace Forever
In memory of those who lost their lives during construction of the Delaware & Raritan Canal. From 1830 to 1834, an army of ditch diggers, carpenters and masons - many of whom were Irish immigrants - built the canal. Large numbers perished during the cholera epidemic. It is believed that they were buried along the route of the canal. This stone from Lock 13 at New Brunswick. Dedicated in 2001 — Map (db m17080) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Raven Rock — Lumberville - Ravenrock Toll-Supported Pedestrian BridgeRededication May 2013
This rare multi-catenary, pedestrian only suspension bridge was designed and constructed by John A. Roebling's Sons Co. of Trenton, N.J. - the famed builders of the Brooklyn Bridge. It replaced a former vehicular bridge that consisted of four original wooden covered spans and a single steel truss replacement span. The original bridge at this location operated as a shareholder-owned toll crossing for 75 years before being freed of tolls in 1932. Superstructure constructed - 1947 Superstructure rehabilitated - 2013 — Map (db m68318) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Raven Rock — Saxtonville Tavern
Circa 1782 Center of village called Saxtonville until 1850 when it was renamed Bull’s Island Station. — Map (db m16652) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Raven Rock — Uranium Ore
Found here in 1956 near Raven Rock. Mining company formed by prospectors responding to the cold war craze was never commercially viable. — Map (db m34266) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Readingsburg — Hamlet of ReadingsburgAlso Called Stone Mill
Site of 18th and 19th Century Water Powered Mills. Placed on the state and federal register of historic sites in 1999. — Map (db m16927) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Readingsburg — High Bridge and Longwood Valley Branch
N.J. Central Railroad completed in 1875 to bring iron ore from Morris County to forges at High Bridge. In use until 1976 when the track right-of-way was sold. — Map (db m5292) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Readington — Adrian Lane's Grist Mill
Site of Adrian Lane's Grist Mill C. 1710 First Mill In Readington — Map (db m19188) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Readington — Cherry Hill Black Cemetery
A colonial & early American cemetery for Blacks, free and slave, lies up to the rear of the church. — Map (db m16742) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Readington — Reading Family Mills
Site of Reading Family Grist, Saw & Fulling Mills. C. 1800 — Map (db m30948) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Readington — Readington Church
Established in 1719 in North Branch. Moved to Readington 1738. Oldest Dutch Reformed Church in Hunterdon. Present building circa 1864. — Map (db m16743) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Reaville — Reaville Church
The first English Presbyterian Church in Amwell. Organized & Built - 1738 Removed Here - 1838 Rebuilt - 1883 — Map (db m59059) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Reaville — Reaville Historical District
Formerly "Greenville" named after Runkell Rea. He built a general store in 1834. Became first postmaster in 1850. This was a stop on the stage line to York, Pa. The first English Presbyterian Church was moved to this site in 1837. Village prospered until railroad came to Flemington. — Map (db m16737) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Academy af Arts & Science
Conducted 1876-1909 by Dr. Conrnelius Larison. Also publishing house for his “Fonic Speling Wurks in Orthoepy.” His old home lies to the east. — Map (db m16697) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Amwell Academy
Built in 1811 as a private school. In 1869 the Larison brothers, Dr. C.W. and Rev. A.B. opened their seminary at Ringoes. Building is one of the finest examples of Federal Architecture in N.J. — Map (db m16732) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Amwell Church
Site of the first Presbyterian Church built in 1738. Here, George Whitefield’s sermon to 3000 people in 1740 inspired religious zeal. — Map (db m62456) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Amwell Militia
Erected in memory of the citizen soldiers of Amwell Township who, commanded by Captain John Schenck, on December 14th 1776, met and drove from this field a column of the British 16th Light Dragoons, after killing their commander, Cornet Francis Geary. Dedicated by the Raritan Township Committee and the Bicentennial Committee on December 14, 1976 in appreciation of the courage and determination of these men who served throughout the "War of American Independence" F. Geary gravesite S 67"22'E 875 Ft. — Map (db m31959) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Amwell SkirmishDecember 14, 1776
Support for the rebellion against British tyranny was at a low ebb in December 1776. The British occupied a strategic area in New Jersey and Washington's army had retreated across the Delaware River. The British commander in New Jersey sent Cornet Geary and a squad of Dragoons to conduct a raid on Flemington to destroy colonial supplies and to see if a determined patriot resistance existed. This force departed the main body at Pennington on December 14, 1776 and conducted the raid, but . . . — Map (db m31960) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Bellis - Durham - Totten Farm
This important early twentieth century farmstead represents the former predominance of dairy farming in Hunterdon County and is significant for its association with Frederick Totten, a founding member of the Hunterdon County Dairy Herd Improvement Association. The farmhouse on the property, dating to circa 1850, may have been constructed by local farmer Ralph Bellis. During the late 19th century, the surrounding area was known as Durham's Corner, after John C. Durham, the owner of the property. — Map (db m42133) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Black River and Western Railroad
In 1854 Flemington Transportation Co. Built roadbed from Flemington to Lambertville. Became part of Pennsylvania RR in 1871. BR&WRR began operations in 1965. Other business located on site include creamery, lumber yard, mattress factory and feed mill. — Map (db m16696) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Cornet Francis GearyTo The Memory Of
16 (The Queen's) Light Dragoons Born 1752 Killed in action here in the service of King George III December 14, 1776 Eldest son of Admiral Sir Francis Geary Baronet Erected in 1907 by his great nephew Sir William Nevill M. Geary Baronet — Map (db m31961) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — Coronet Geary Trail
British officer Francis Geary killed near here in a 1776 skirmish. He is buried to the northeast off Geary’s Ridge Road. — Map (db m16735) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — East Amwell Veterans
In tribute to the veterans of East Amwell Township who served in World War II. In Memory Of: William Eppele Steven Garboski Ralph Mattison Melbourn Lawrence J. Larsen Andrew H. Welisewitz Frank G. Laga Jr. Franklin V.D. Hill Vietnam: Van Dyke Manners — Map (db m21266) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Ringoes — East Amwell Veterans Honor Roll
Honoring those who actively served during World War II, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam Conflict, or Desert Storm. — Map (db m16699) HM
250 markers matched your search criteria.
Click to map all markers shown on this page.
Click First to browse through the results shown on this page.   First >> 


•••
More Search Options
 
Markers
Near You

 
Categories

 
States & Provinces

 
Counties
Click to List


 
Countries

Page composed
in 140 ms.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To search within this page, hold down the Ctrl key and press F.
On an Apple computer,
hold down the Apple key and press F.