“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Lincoln County Wisconsin – Historical Markers

Lincoln County Courthouse <small>SRHP</small> Plaque image, Click for more information
By K. Linzmeier, September 19, 2014
Lincoln County Courthouse SRHP Plaque
Wisconsin (Lincoln County), Merrill — Lincoln County Courthouse
This building The Lincoln County Courthouse has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m77665) HM
Wisconsin (Lincoln County), Merrill — 439 — Merrill City Hall1889 – 1977
Incorporated in 1883, Merrill built this City Hall in 1888–1889 for $16,275. The building was designed by architect T. D. Allen of Oshkosh, Wisconsin in the Richardsonian Romanesque style and was constructed of local brick, sandstone, and . . . — Map (db m8376) HM
Wisconsin (Lincoln County), Merrill — Merrill Post Office
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior Merrill Post Office 1915 — Map (db m77652) HM
Wisconsin (Lincoln County), Merrill — Pere Rene Menard
In honor of Pere Rene Menard Born at Paris Sept. 7th, 1605 entered the Jesuit order Nov. 7th, 1624. Sailed for Quebec in March 1640. Lost hereabouts in July 1661, while enroute to Huron village to baptize Indian refugees. . . . — Map (db m33788) HM
Wisconsin (Lincoln County), Merrill — 107 — T.B. Scott Free Library
This building (1911) is an outstanding example of library design in “Prairie School” architecture by Claude and Starck. The library was established (1889) through a bequest from T.B. Scott, lumberman, legislator, and Merrill’s first . . . — Map (db m8391) HM
Wisconsin (Lincoln County), Merrill — 471 — Three Arch Stone Bridge
This bridge was constructed in 1904 to replace a wooden - truss bridge and is a rare surviving example of a stone - arch bridge in Wisconsin. Plans for the new bridge were drawn up by city engineer Charles V. Sheldon. The current bridge features . . . — Map (db m8591) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement
Categories20th CenturyAbolition & Underground RRAfrican AmericansAgricultureAir & SpaceAnimalsAntebellum South, USAnthropologyArchitectureArts, Letters, MusicAsian AmericansBridges & ViaductsCemeteries & Burial SitesCharity & Public WorkChurches, Etc.Civil RightsColonial EraCommunicationsDisastersEducationEntertainmentEnvironmentExplorationForts, CastlesFraternal or Sororal OrganizationsGovernmentHeroesHispanic AmericansHorticulture & ForestryIndustry & CommerceLabor UnionsLandmarksMan-Made FeaturesMilitaryNative AmericansNatural FeaturesNatural ResourcesNotable BuildingsNotable EventsNotable PersonsNotable PlacesPaleontologyPatriots & PatriotismPeacePolitical SubdivisionsPoliticsRailroads & StreetcarsRoads & VehiclesScience & MedicineSettlements & SettlersSportsWar of 1812War, 1st Iraq & Desert StormWar, 2nd IraqWar, AfghanistanWar, ColdWar, French and IndianWar, KoreanWar, Mexican-AmericanWar, Spanish-AmericanWar, Texas IndependenceWar, US CivilWar, US RevolutionaryWar, VietnamWar, World IWar, World IIWars, Non-USWars, US IndianWaterways & Vessels
States or ProvincesAlabamaAlaskaAlbertaArizonaArkansasBritish ColumbiaCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineManitobaMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew BrunswickNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNewfoundland and LabradorNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaNova ScotiaOhioOklahomaOntarioOregonPennsylvaniaPrince Edward IslandPuerto RicoQuebecRhode IslandSaskatchewanSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingYukon Territory
CountriesArgentinaAustraliaAustriaBahamasBelgiumBelizeBrazilCanadaChinaCosta RicaCzech RepublicDominicaDominican RepublicEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEstoniaFinlandFranceGermanyGreeceGrenadaGuatemalaGuyanaHondurasHungaryIrelandIsraelItalyJamaicaKiribatiLiechtensteinLuxembourgMalaysiaMexicoNetherlands AntillesNew ZealandNicaraguaPalestinian TerritoriesPhilippinesRussiaSaint LuciaScotland, UKSingaporeSouth AfricaSouth KoreaSwedenSwitzerlandThailandTurkeyTurks and Caicos IslandsU.S Virgin IslandsUkraineUnited KingdomU.S.A.