HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
            “Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
  Home  — My Markers  — Add A Marker  — Marker Series  — Links & Books  — Forum  — About Us
Click First to browse through the results shown on this page.   First >> 
Show DirectionsOmit Marker TextClick to map all markers shown on this page.
Solano County Markers
California (Solano County), Benicia — 176 — 1849 - Benicia Arsenal – 1964
On this historic site for more than a century military history was written. The loyalty, courage, and devotion of the military and the civilian who served their country here furnished material for a brilliant page in the saga of the far west. What we say here – will like autumn leaves, soon fall and fade away. What they did here will live forever. As the final curtain falls on the 115th anniversary of the founding of Benicia Arsenal, a grateful nation salutes you. — Map (db m16297) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 1854 – Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church – 1954In Honor of the One Hundredth Anniversary
Founded September 24, 1854, with the first service conducted by lay reader Major F. D. Townsend, U.S. Army, in the “Old Capital Building”, constructed from plans presented by Colonel Julian McAlister, of the Benicia Arsenal, in April 1859; Consecrated on February 12, 1860 by the Right Reverend William Ingraham Kip, D.D., First Episcopal Bishop of California; The Cathedral of the Missionary District of Northern California, 1874 – 1899. Under the Right Reverend J.H.D. Wingfield, . . . — Map (db m16322) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Antonio M. De LaGuerra 1825 – ‘81
This tablet dedicated to his memory. He was State Senator 1852-1853; Mayor of Santa Barbara, Captain of California Volunteers serving in Arizona during the Civil War 1861-1865. He was a loyal member of the Ancient and Honorable Order of E. Clampus Vitus. — Map (db m58330) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 177 — Benicia Barracks Site
[Marker read:] Benicia Barracks, established on April 30, 1849 and organized by Brevet Lt. Col. Silas Casey, 2nd U.S. Infantry, was the U.S. Army headquarters for the Department of the Pacific from 1851-1857. Also known as the 'Post near Benicia,' it remained a garrison installation until 1898. The post hospital, built in 1856, is the only remaining structure associated with the original Barracks. The Barracks became part of the Benicia Arsenal, which closed in 1964. — Map (db m16296) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Benicia Historic Tannery - Circa 1890
In the early Twentieth century, Benicia supplied one-third of California's leather, much of it tanned on this site by Kullman, Salz & Company. Beginning in 1881, early tannery structures occupied the western half of this block and by 1891 tannery structures covered the entire block. A three-story brick building was sited on First Street, sprawling sheds holding mountains of tanbark from Humboldt County lined East Second Street and an imposing five-story rolling building dominated the area . . . — Map (db m40834) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Camel BarnsBuilt in 1853 and 1854 Cost $10,000 and $12,000
These finely crafted sandstone buildings were originally constructed for use as warehouses. They gained their name and fame, however, during a brief period in 1863-64 when they were used to stable a herd of camels imported by the U.S. Army for transportation in the American desert. — Map (db m32204) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Clock TowerBuilt in 1859
The first stone fortress in the far west. Originally had two towers, but following an accidental explosure in 1912, it was rebuilt with only one tower and the present clock was installed. Buring the building’s history, it has served as a chapel, munitions depot, and as a National Guard Armory. — Map (db m16305) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Commandant's HomeBuilt in 1860
An imposing residence of classic Georgian architecture with 14-foot ceilings and 24-inch brick walls. The lumber for the wainscoting, parquet floors, paneling, stair rails and balustrades was carried by ship "around The Horn". During the last half of the 19th Century, the house was a popular gathering place for Bay Area society. — Map (db m40855) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Commodore Jones Point
Named for Thomas Ap Catesby Jones, founder of the Naval Academy and War of 1812 hero. As Commander of the Pacific Fleet, Jones landed at Monterey 1842, raising the Stars and Stripes under misapprehension of war with Mexico. From 1848 to 1850 he again served as commander, advocating development of Benicia. Southhampton Bay (to the west) is named after his store ship. Dedicated by Native Sons of the Golden West May 30, 1982 Joseph Ursino, Grand President In Memory of James D. Phelan, U.S. Senator — Map (db m40973) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Dedicated to the Memory of Pony Express Riders1860 The Knights of the Saddle 1861
William Hamilton, the first Pony Express rider to reach Benicia on the final relay. Carrying the mail from St. Joseph, Missouri to California. Arrived in this city April 23, 1860, at 7 a.m. Thomas J. Bedford, a young Benician, took the mochila by ferry across Carquinez Straits to San Francisco via Martinez and Oakland. — Map (db m16325) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 174 — First Masonic Hall Built in California
The first Masonic hall built in California was begun in the summer of 1850, occupied by the lodge October 14, 1850, and formally dedicated December 27, 1850. This building served as the Masonic Temple for Benicia Lodge No. 5 until 1888, when the new temple was occupied. It was used by a boys' club prior to World War I and by the American Legion shortly after the war. It was reacquired by Benicia Lodge No. 5 in 1950. — Map (db m16317) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 880 — Fischer-Hanlon House
In 1849, Joseph Fischer, a Swiss immigrant, came to Benicia. After joining a butcher partnership, Fischer purchased this lot on July 1, 1858. The house, reputed to be an old hotel was relocated here. The converted building is an outstanding example of East Coast federalist styling, which illustrates architectural diffusion during the Gold Rush. — Map (db m16334) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Founders of Benicia1847
. . . — Map (db m16360) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Gen. Quandt Lane
In honor of native son Douglass Phillip Quandt, Major General, U.S. Army Corps. Born in this arsenal, Douglass Quandt graduated from West Point and went on to command parachute batallions in the European and Pacific Campaigns in WWII and later in the Korean conflict. He served his country well and we are proud of him. — Map (db m41055) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Jack London
To remember JACK LONDON The author who immortalized this locality in ”John Barleycorn” and ”Tales of the Fish Patrol” — Map (db m16329) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 15 — Merritt House C. 1869Also known as the What-Not-Shop
Original two story front portion of this building has mortise and tenon-frame walls with solid wood plank sheathing inside. Preservation by Carl & Alice Merritt Mayors Award 1990 — Map (db m25892) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 153 — Old State Capitol
Erected in 1852, this historic building was ostensibly intended for Benicia City Hall, offered as the State Capitol and promptly accepted, it had that honor from February 4, 1853 to February 25, 1854. Deeded to state in 1951, it was one of the four locations of the “Capitol on Wheels.” — Map (db m16375) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Pony Express Ferry “Carquinez”
[Front of Marker:] Dedicated April 23, 2000 by James Stretesky Benicia Historical Society Benicia (N.S.G.W.) Native Sons Richard & Veronica Tipton Benicia Camel Barn Museum Exxon Mobile, Benicia Refinery Benicia Chamber of Commerce Benicia Volunteer Fire Department Pony Express Trail Association [A list of sponsors is on bottom of base] [Back of marker:] Captain Oliver C. Coffin and his brothers purchased the ferry “Carquinez” from an eastern . . . — Map (db m16327) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Robert Semple
Robert Semple, chief founder of Benicia, negotiated with General M.G. Vallejo for the land and suggested new city be named after General’s wife, Francisca Benicia, selecting Francisca. Officials of Yerba Buena objected and by ordinance changed that city’s name to San Francisco. Semple then renamed the new city, calling it Benicia. Was member city council, established first ferry between Benicia and Rancho Martinez, was one of publishers of first American newspaper in California, and Chairman of Constitutional Convention at Monterey. — Map (db m16371) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 862 — Saint Paul's Episcopal Church
Designed in 1859 by Lt. Julian McAllister and built by shipwrights of the Pacific Mail and Steamship Company, St. Paul's is an outstanding example of early California Gothic ecclesiastical architecture. Notable for its fine craftsmanship, this building has continuously served the Episcopal Church since its consecration by the Rt. Rev. William Ingraham Kip in 1860. — Map (db m16318) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 795 — Site of Benicia Seminary
[Marker mounted on front of base (Photo #1] The birthplace of Mills College, founded in 1852 as the Young Ladies' Seminary of Benicia. Acquired from Mary Atkins by Cyrus and Susan Mills in 1865. It was moved to its present site in Oakland in 1871 and was chartered as a college by the State of California in 1885. [Marker mounted on back of base (Photo #2] To Remember The pioneers who believed in education and supported it: The teachers who dedicated themselves to . . . — Map (db m16312) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 175 — Site of the First Protestant Church in California
On this site was organized by the Rev. Sylvester Woodbridge, Jr., on April 15, 1949 the First Presbyterian Church of Benicia. This was the first protestant church established in California with an ordained resident pastor. The church of disbanded in 1875. — Map (db m16315) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Solano HotelIn Search of the Pony Express - Station Marker
[Obverse:] Dedicated April 23, 1997 SOLANO HOTEL Pony Express Route Apr. 23, 1860 - Sep. 8, 1861 Home Station Apr. 23, 1860 - Apr. 15, 1861 By Benicia Historical Society Benicia (N.G.S.W.)Native Sons Benicia Volunteer Fire Department Pony Express Trail Association [Reverse:] Sacramento to San Francisco Solano Hotel Station Site Passing Cordelia Pony Express rider Sam Hamilton could see Suisun Bay as he approached Benicia. Riding down First . . . — Map (db m29711) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — Suisun Bay Reserve FleetThe Fleet
Suisun Bay Reserve Fleet is part of the National Defense Reserve Fleet (NDRF), owned and operated by U.S. Department of Transportation, Maritime Administration (MARAD). Established by the Merchant Ship Act of 1946, NDRF serves as a reserve which could be activated to meet shipping requirements during national emergencies. During World War II, over 3000 commercial type ships were built by the Maritime Commission to support the Allied war effort. After the war, those ships that could not be . . . — Map (db m10794) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — The Bohn BuildingJohn Augustus Bohn — City Attorney of Benicia 1948-1968
Architect and driving force behind the modernization of Highway 780, the first State Capitol Building, the Benicia State Park, First Street Development, the Benicia City Water System, and the Benicia Industrial Park. He gave his vision, his determination, and his energy so that the City of Benicia might achieve its potential. Dedicated July 18, 1991 — Map (db m25895) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — 973 — Turner/Robertson Shipyard1882 – 1918
In 1882, Mathew Turner of San Francisco relocated his shipyard to Benicia. Turner, the most prodigious shipbuilder in North America, constructed 228 vessels, 169 of which were launched here. In 1913, the shipyard was purchased by James Robertson, who operated it until 1918. The yard's ways, and the whaler "Stamboul", used as a shipyard work platform, are visible at low tide. — Map (db m31007) HM
California (Solano County), Benicia — World War I Memorial
IN MEMORY of Edmund Rudolf Anderson Karl H. Dauber Walter E. Erickson James John Pometta David Allen Richie Arthur Rood Chris Condare Who gave their lives in the World War — Map (db m16354) WM
California (Solano County), Birds Landing — Birds Landing - Benjamin's Store
In 1869 John Bird constructed a wharf and warehouse on Montezuma Slough. Soon, one mile east of the wharf, a community began to evolve. A blacksmith shop came first, and then the store was built in 1875. In this year the town was officially named Birds Landing and Bird was named postmaster. By 1878 the town boasted a butcher shop, a saloon, shoemaker and a furniture business. In 1880 Bird bought one half interest in the store. Chris and Evelyn Benjamin bought the store from Bird in 1921 and . . . — Map (db m16923) HM
California (Solano County), Cordelia — Cordelia
Established in the early 1850's by Captain Robert Waterman and named for his wife, Cordelia. The name was changed to Bridgeport after his home in Connecticut and then again to Cordelia. Intended as a major townsite to serve the shipping trade on the Suisun Marsh, it was used primarily for shipping cobblestones to San Francisco from the local rock quarry, Cordelia's largest industry. In the towns prime it contained three hotels, several general stores and other commercial establishments which . . . — Map (db m26211) HM
California (Solano County), Cordelia — Thompson's Corner Saloon - 1902
Henry "Old Man" Studer and his brother Jim, built this community gathering spot. Studer was the proprietor of the oldest bar in Solano County, which he relocated here. Dancing and entertainment were available upstairs and local lore is that a brothel was included in these offerings. On 11-20-26 the San Francisco Orchestra played for an all night dance. Charles Thompson owned the building sometime after 1940. It is the only commercial establishment still doing business in central Cordelia. This . . . — Map (db m26239) HM
California (Solano County), Dixon — Halfway HouseIn Search of the Pony Express - Station Marker
{Obverse:} Dedicated April 23, 1998 Halfway House Added Station Apr. 23, 1860 - Sep. 8, 1861 By Sidney & Diane Schroeder Family Ron Dupratt Family John & Patty Greiner Family Dixon Historical Society American Legion Dixon Post #208 Pony Express Trail Association {Reverse:} The station was located 90 feet southwest and called Halfway House or Silvey's Hotel. There was a telegraph and some other businesses here. The first Pony Express trip here was . . . — Map (db m29940) HM
California (Solano County), Dixon — Sacramento Valley National Cemetery
Dedicated to the memory of all the patriotic men and women who answered their country’s call to service. George W. Bush President of the Untied States R. James Nicholson Secretary U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs William F. Tuerk Under Secretary for Memorial Affairs National Cemetery Administration [Second Plaque:] From The Bivouac of the Dead by Theodore O’Hara The muffled drum’s sad roll had beat The soldier’s last . . . — Map (db m36827) HM
California (Solano County), Dixon — Village of Silveyville
The village of Silveyville was first settled by Elijah F. Silvey in 1852. Silvey built a halfway house and stock corral for travelers going from San Francisco or Benicia to Sacramento. A post office was established in 1854, along with stores, a telegraph office, a church and school building. In 1856 there were 150 residents in the village. When the California Pacific Railroad was completed in 1868, all residents moved bag and baggage to that area which is now known as the City of Dixon. . . . — Map (db m29955) HM
California (Solano County), Fairfield — Burial Site of Chief Solano
In the vicinity of this plaque is the burial site of Chief Sem Yeto, christianized Francisco Solano. Chief of the Suisun Tribe "their word for west winds" sub-group of the Patwin Indians. The village was located near Rockville and he held sway over most of the tribes between Petaluma Creek and the Sacramento River. Dedicated by Native Sons of the Golden West John H. Kurtz — Grand President April 18, 1971 Under the auspices of Solano Parlor 59, Fairfield . . . — Map (db m30721) HM
California (Solano County), Fairfield — Rockville StationIn Search of the Pony Express - Station Marker
{Obverse:} Dedicated April 23, 1998 Rockville House Added Station Apr. 3, 1860 - Sep. 8, 1861 By Rockville Inn Floyd & Lillian Hembree Joseph C. Wolfskill Family Ramirez Towing - Rudy's Auto Body Solano #39 (NGSW) Native Sons Pony Express Trail Association {Reverse:} The "Rockville House" site was located on the northwest corner of Rockville and Suisun Valley Roads. This was a settlement and stage stop along the road between Sacramento and Benicia. . . . — Map (db m30619) HM
California (Solano County), Fairfield — 779 — Rockville Stone Chapel
Erected by pioneers of Methodist Episcopal Church South with volunteer labor and donated funds. Cornerstone laid October 3, 1856. Dedicated February 1857. Site supplied by Landy and Sandy Alford. Chapel deteriorated by 1929 and deeded by the church to Rockville Public Cemetery District as a pioneer monument. Restored in 1940. — Map (db m16294) HM
California (Solano County), Fairfield — Vezér Family Vineyard
This site was originally constructed in 1860 as the Suisun Valley General Mercantile & original Pony Express station. The Vezer Family provides this facility for the enjoyment of the families of this wonderful valley and gives special recognition to its pioneers. We dedicate this facility in loving memory of our son "John John". August 7, 2007 A special thanks to: Issam Mizirawi, General Manager Ron Nicoli, Project Manager Castle Rock Construction, General . . . — Map (db m25058) HM
California (Solano County), Rio Vista — Humphrey the Humpback Whale
Donated to: Rio Vista Chamber of Commerce and City of Rio Vista to remember the visit of Humphrey the Humpback Whale Oct. 10, 1985 - Nov. 4, 1985 Humphrey the Humpback Whale, a mighty whale was he He swam into the Delta, to see what he could see The people stood and stared, and the fish were scared He was famous across the nation, until they ended his vacation Richard Fonbuens, Age 12 Donated by: Silva's Memorial's Vallejo-Antioch, Ca. Dedicated Jan. 31, . . . — Map (db m17189) HM
California (Solano County), Rio Vista — Pony Express River Streamer “New World”
[Front of Marker] Dedicated April 3, 1997 RIO VISTA by James Stretesky The Dutra Group Barrier Systems, Inc. Rio Vista Chamber of Commerce Pony Express Trail Association Sponsors are listed on bottom of base [Back of Marker] In 1860 – 1861 Rio Vista was located 17 miles north of here. The Pony Express Mail was usually carried both ways between the cities of San Francisco and Sacramento via steamboat slough by the California Steam Navigation . . . — Map (db m18276) HM
California (Solano County), Rio Vista — Veterans of Foreign Wars
In memory of veterans in the service of our country who gave of their lives that we might live free 30 May 1994 Rio Vista Post 11389 {Veterans' names on marker listed below:} Frank L. Kroutch, Cartland L. Lent, Louis L. Silva, John E. Gomez, Harold Jessee, William L. Peters, Bobby Weiss, Wilbur Hilderbrand, James Tuinstra, Oscar P. Cardoza, Daniel Caldeira, William C. Gomez, Alvie C. Wyatt, William H. Hechtman, and Adam G. Kinser. — Map (db m17188) HM
California (Solano County), Suisun City — Suisun City
The name Suisun, meaning “west wind” originated with the Patwin Indians. In 1850 Curtis Wilson and John Baker became the first Americans to sail to this site. They were followed a year later by Josiah Wing who erected an embarcadero, warehouse, wharf, and general store; streets were laid out in 1854. In 1868 the city was incorporated and the railroad reached here from Vallejo. As commerce expanded, “dry” lots became scarce, creating, out of necessity, the City of Fairfield. — Map (db m54589) HM
California (Solano County), Suisun City — The Hump
Here between 1942 and 1948, the painted ladies serviced the needs of our men from Travis AFB. Closed by the order of an unsympathetic sheriff. — Map (db m39344) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — Gillespie’s Store
[Front of Marker:] IN SEARCH OF THE PONY EXPRESS STATION MARKER Dedicated April 23, 1997 GILLESPIE’S STORE Added Station Apr 23, 1860 – Sep 8, 1861 by Dave & Buff Fleming American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Vacaville Chamber of Commerce Pony Express Trail Association [A list of donors is on bottom of base. [Back of marker:] Gillespie’s Store stood at this spot. This was also a Wells, Fargo & Co. Office. E. F. Gillespie was their first agent . . . — Map (db m16833) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — Peña Adobe ParkCity of Vacaville
Dedicated to the Peña and Vaca families who in 1842 settled what became the Rancho Los Putos, choosing this valley for their homes. Pause and enjoy the heritage of the hills, lake and valley which the pioneers called Laguna. Bienvenidos Amigos Caminantes a un Descanso en la Serenidad de Este Valle Encantado — Map (db m14138) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — Pioneer Monument
This pioneer monument is dedicated to the people who brought civilization to Solano County – one of whom was Edwin Markham, the poet, who grew to manhood in this Lagoon Valley, rimmed by what he called his summer hills. Names of a few of the other pioneers are as follows: [Column 1] Juan Felipe Pena, Juan Manuel Vaca, Mason Wilson, William McDaniel, Lansing B. Mizner, Frank K. Buck, Dr. Robert Semple, William Gordon, Dr. Platon Vallejo, Justice Jos. McRenta, Elijan B. Silvet, . . . — Map (db m14136) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — 534 — Rancho Los Putos
This is the site of Rancho Los Putos of 10 square leagues granted in 1845 by Governor Pio Pico granted to Juan Felipe Peña and Manuel Cabeza Vaca. The Peña Adobe, erected here in 1842, is still owned by the descendants of the Pena-Vaca families. The town of Vacaville nearby, was established in 1851 on land sold by Vaca to William McDaniel. — Map (db m10821) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — Site of First Business Building of Record1855 — Vacaville
On this site once stood a two-story wooden structure built by E. F. Gillespie. It served as his general merchandise store until 1863. The Masonic Lodge was headquartered upstairs. The building was removed in 1897. — Map (db m16838) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — The Andrew Carnegie Public Library1915-1965
The Ulatis Book Club initiated an early effort in 1905 to obtain a Carnegie Library Building Fund Grant. This effort was taken over in 1910 by the Saturday Club, which campaigned to establish a library district under the jurisdiction of the Vacaville High School District. In 1914, the Carnegie Fund offered Vacaville $12,500 towards a library if the town provided the land. Two months later, contractor George Sharpe won the bid at $11,815 and built the reinforced concrete library with its Carnegie façade in six months. — Map (db m16845) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — The Odd Fellows HallVacaville
The Independent Order of Odd Fellows (I.O.O.F.,) Vacaville Lodge No. 83, re-built this structure of brick and cast-iron columns in 1889. The previous two building burned in 1877 and 1884. The earthquake of 1892 seriously damaged the front of the building. The building still rents the stores below to maintain the meeting hall above. The I.O.O.F. is a benevolent, fraternal organization dedicated to the betterment of the community. The Vacaville Lodge No. 83 was chartered in 1859 as one of . . . — Map (db m17636) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — Triangle Building1898 — Vacaville
This two-story building with three storerooms on the first floor, 16 office rooms upstairs and a basement, was built for Charlotte A. Hutton. — Map (db m16841) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — Unknown Pioneer Ranchers
This monument is an expression of respect for the unknown pioneer ranchers of Solano County, and their families, who rest here in a common grave---. Dedicated by the City of Vacaville and Yerba Buena Chapter, E Clampus Vitus - April 27, 1974. — Map (db m72906) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — Walker Opera House
Kentucky native Sidney Clay Walker crossed the plains in 1850 and in 1872 settled in the Vaca Valley where he eventually owned 1,200 acres. He was an organizer of the Vacaville Water and Light Company in the 1890's and in 1896 built this brick building complete with electric lights. It originally housed three stores on the ground floor, three offices upstairs as well as a large hall with a stage and seating for 600. Since Walker's death in 1908 the building has housed a lodge hall, a movie . . . — Map (db m17661) HM
California (Solano County), Vacaville — William Gordon HuffIn Expression of Gratitude
In recognition for his continuous dedication to the preservation of western history through his world – renowned artistic endeavors: for expressing his love of the Order through the sculptured likeness of the men who have labored to preserve and sustain it: and for never failing to spread, by example, kindness, pride, humor and good fellowship throughout the organization. He himself stands as a character portrait of the great and beloved men he has worked so tirelessly to memorialize. — Map (db m54590) HM
California (Solano County), Vallejo — 751 — First U.S. Naval Station In The Pacific
Mare Island Navy Yard was established September 16, 1854, by the then Commander David G. Farragut, USN. Site selected in 1852 by a commission headed by Commodore John D. Sloat, USN. Mare Island had the Navy's first shipyard, ammunition depot, hospital, Marine barracks, cemetery, chapel and radio station in the Pacific. — Map (db m35020) HM
California (Solano County), Vallejo — First Wireless Station
On a hill 300 feet south of this point, the first naval wireless station on the Pacific Coast was erected in 1904. Plaque erected in Sept 1954 — Map (db m26010) HM
California (Solano County), Winters — 804 — Wolfskill GrantUniversity of California Experimental Farm
In 1842 John R. Wolfskill arrived here loaded with fruit seeds and cuttings. He was a true horticulturist and became the father of the fruit industry in this region. In 1937 Mrs. Frances Wolfskill Taylor Wilson, his daughter, bequeathed 107.28 acres to the University of California for an experimental farm. From this portion of Rancho Rio de los Putos the University's research has since enriched the state's horticultural industry. California Registered Historical Landmark No. 804 Plaque . . . — Map (db m40132) HM
56 markers matched your search criteria.
Click to map all markers shown on this page.
Click First to browse through the results shown on this page.   First >> 


•••
More Search Options
 
Markers
Near You

 
Categories

 
States & Provinces

 
Counties
Click to List


 
Countries

Page composed
in 271 ms.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To search within this page, hold down the Ctrl key and press F.
On an Apple computer,
hold down the Apple key and press F.