|Tattnall County Markers
|Georgia (Tattnall County), Collins — 132-2 — Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church|
|Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church was organized April 10, 1813. The first pastor was Samuel Strange; first clerk was John Collins; first deacons were Frederick Holland, John Collins, and H.H. Kennedy. Other deacons include Redding Yeomans, J.J. Kennedy,
Lewis Powell, Homer Powell, Daniel Lynn, W.A. West, Jr., W.A. Kennedy, J.T. Holland, Morgan Powell, Olen Kennedy, Sr., W.A. West, Sr.
On April 10, 1854, Frederick Holland (1800-1881) donated 116 acres of land to the Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church. — Map (db m14401) HM|
|Georgia (Tattnall County), Glennville — 132-2 — Old Shiloh Cemetery|
|Shiloh Methodist Church, the second oldest Methodist Church in Tattnall County, was organized c. 1810 by Rev. William Eason and remained at this site until the 1850ís when it was moved a short distance north. Unlike at other churches in the area at the time, a
cemetery was maintained beside the Meeting House. Six generations of area residents are buried here in likely the first public cemetery in Tattnall County. Burials include area pioneer Michael McKenzie Mattox, Methodist ministers, . . . — Map (db m14604) HM|
|Georgia (Tattnall County), near Glennville — 132-3 — Beards Creek Church|
|The Beards Creek Church was orderly constituted on December 29, 1804, by the Rev. John Gooldwire, the Rev. John Standford, the Rev. Isham Peacock, and the Rev. David Hennesy, all orderly Baptist ministers. Jacob Dees and Moses Westberry were that day ordained Deacons, and the Rev. David Hennesy was called to be the first Minister. Nathan Smart was Clerk.
Organizing members were: John Dees, John Taylor, William Willcox, Samuel Thornton, Levi Morgan, Robert Bruer, James Thomas, Ezeceal . . . — Map (db m38666) HM|
|Georgia (Tattnall County), near Glennville — 132-1 — Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church|
|This church was constituted and its first sanctuary built in 1888 on `Love`s Old Field,` land donated by G.M. Love. Charter members were the J.J. Kicklighters, the Dennis Lynns, Allen Lynn, and D.B. Smith, the church`s first clerk. Elders on the constituting presbytery were H.B. Wilkerson, Bazil Jones, and M.F. Stubbs, the first pastor. In 1896 the church was one of seven organizing members of the Bethel Primitive Baptist Association. J. Walter Hendricks, pastor from 1932-43, became the first . . . — Map (db m38665) HM|