Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

South Carolina, Calhoun County Historical Commission/Society Historical Markers

 
Mt. Lebanon Cemetery Marker, looking west along Mt. Lebanon Road image, Click for more information
By Mike Stroud, January 3, 2010
Mt. Lebanon Cemetery Marker, looking west along Mt. Lebanon Road
South Carolina (Calhoun County), Cameron — 9-8 — Mt. Lebanon Cemetery
This is the original site of Mt. Lebanon Lutheran Church, organized January 13, 1844, as an extension of the St. Matthew's Church, Creston. Later, Mt. Lebanon Church moved to Cameron about 2 miles NW, dedicated its new building in 1917, and was . . . — Map (db m27239) HM
South Carolina (Calhoun County), Cameron — 9-6 — Shady Grove Church
Shady Grove Methodist Church was an outgrowth of Tabernacle Church, the parent Methodist body of this area. It was built in the early 1800s on land of Adam Holman, has a framework of hewn logs held together with wooden pegs, and has been . . . — Map (db m26201) HM
South Carolina (Calhoun County), St. Matthews — 9-5 — Calhoun County
First settled in 1704, this region by 1733 included Amelia and lower Saxe Gotha townships. In 1765 much of it was made part of the new St. Matthew's Parish and was so named until 1865. Efforts in 1890 and 1896 led to an act signed on Feb. 14, . . . — Map (db m26057) HM
South Carolina (Orangeburg County), Jamison — 38-16 — Miller Cemetery
This cemetery was the burial site of the Miller family from the early 1800s. The remaining stones erected in 1836, are to John Miller (1750-1854), soldier of the revolution; his wife, Margaret Ott Miller; and their son, John Miller Jr. Their . . . — Map (db m25184) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement