|Texas (Henderson County), Brownsboro — 10345 — Brownsboro Norwegian Lutheran Cemetery|
|After migrating from Norway in 1845, Ole Reierson bought the land that included this cemetery site (1.' mi. ESE). He chose the spot for his burial and carved several of the plain brown gravestones before he died in 1852. The cemetery's 24 marked and 81 unmarked graves are mostly those of Norwegian immigrants. A Lutheran church, built nearby in 1889, served as a cemetery chapel until the 1920s. Will Tergerson tended the site for many years. An association formed in 1974 by descendants of early settlers now maintains it. — Map (db m31633) HM|
|Texas (Henderson County), Brownsboro — Rock Hill Cemetery|
|Rock Hill Cemetery has served this area since the late 1800s. It is located on land granted to pioneer Alexander J. Clayton, who migrated here from Alabama with his wife, Martha (Carver), and his children in 1854. Clayton, who was born in North Carolina, was a farmer and leader in the Rock Hill community, which developed around the Rock Hill Baptist Church. Residents of Rock Hill, and the nearby settlements of Martin Springs and Pine Hill, were the first to use this cemetery. The earliest . . . — Map (db m31618) HM|
|Texas (Henderson County), Brownsboro — 10368 — Site Of Old Normandy — (One-Half Mile Southeast)|
|First Norwegian colony in Texas. Founded in 1845 by Johan Reinert Reierson (1810-1864) and Ole Reierson, of Holt, Norway.
In "Christianssandsposten", J.R. Reierson urged Norwegians to find "a rich life" by migrating to Texas. His associate editor, Elise Tvede (1815-1895), also came to Texas and continued writing for publications in Norway. She married Wilhelm Warenskjold, lived in this area, and opened home to Norwegian newcomers.
By 1853 a Norwegian-Lutheran church and cemetery had . . . — Map (db m31634) HM|